• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just watched without making a list as I go, which I usually do... but I'll touch on the biggest part of this week's Gameranx wrap-up...

Sony is skipping E3!

That sucks. Sony was always my favorite part of E3. I thought they did an amazing presentation in 2018, but a lot of the stuff they announced probably still won't even be out by the time E3 comes around. Also apparently re-enforces some PS5 rumors.

[video=youtube;kc0Fw36Iq-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc0Fw36Iq-Q&[/video]

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Not sure if anyone is still playing Forza 7 but I really like the new race shop instead of the prizes crates. It's good to be able to buy what you want and don't need. As to gta vor the series as a whole I only cheat once I complete the main game. Also waiting till next month to get Red dead 2 when the hype dies down.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Echoes of GamerGate ... Bethesda is sending some very "expensive" gifts to YouTubers in a transparent attempt to influence opinion.

Keep an eye out for large channels that cover their games and don't disclose these gifts.

Bad trend to set, sending swag to influencers. Bethesda needs to cut it out.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sure they may have made another great game visually but they cut out those of us who don't pay for online gaming since most of us are older now and have families. I don't really recall hearing about the sales from 76.

This is why I like the open world no end of game types. I can play during the winter and come back next year and feel like I'm playing it for the first time and still have plenty to do and see.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Valve is discontinuing the Steam Link. Currently 95% off.

I picked a couple of them up last year. I don't use it much, but I can definitely see the appeal. It really is a useful and neat wireless HDMI device.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/
    What can I do with it? Any hacking potential?

I assume they'll have a Black Friday game sale, too?

EDIT: Can I only buy one? What if I brick it?
    EDIT2: Each one cost $11.23 with shipping & tax.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I assume they'll have a Black Friday game sale, too?
    It just started within the hour.

ParallelBiodegradableElephantbeetle-max-1mb.gif

This is going to be bad for me...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up

1. More PS5 rumors: Announcement set for mid-2019, major reveal at PSX 2019, using AMX Ryzen CPU, early 2020 release.
    2. Steam Autumn Sale is live.
    3. GOW creator Cliffy B says he won't make another game.
    4. Report of a player finding a way to "disconnect" other players from Playstation Network.
    5. Article on Diablo, and the mindset behind the series.
    6. Obi Wan added to Battlefront 2.
    7. Steam discontinues Steam Link.
    8. Monster Hunter movie on the way.
    9. Rumor of Mortal Kombat 11.

[video=youtube_share;mgxRwIZOG_I]https://youtu.be/mgxRwIZOG_I[/video]

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have played Fallout from the beginning, when you started in a vault and needed to get the water chip within so many days.

I didn't like the little tactical game, but I bought it and played it to support the Fallout world.

Everything I have read about Fallout 76 indicates they have gutted the entire game and replaced it with crap. Fallout was an RPG game. It became far less of one with Fallout 4, but it was still an RPG game. They added the "build your own settlement" options for those who like that. I think it's OK.

My last truly favorite Fallout was New Vegas. The weapons were good, the role playing was there.

I won't buy Fallout 76. I'll wait until Fallout 5 or some other variation comes out that is an RPG. If none does, then Fallout 4 was my last.

Regards,

Doug

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Rising Storm 2 is fun as ****, and the campaign mode is interesting and novel; even if the Search and Destroy perk for the US is kinda overpowered.

However, the Vietcong side is much more fun ingame to play due to improvised traps, tunnels and the double barrel shotgun has surprisingly long ranges; in addition, the VC squad leaders have more leeway to be involved in fight while the ARVN/US squad leaders have to keep back given how they are the spawn point.

I have played Fallout from the beginning, when you started in a vault and needed to get the water chip within so many days.

I didn't like the little tactical game, but I bought it and played it to support the Fallout world.

Everything I have read about Fallout 76 indicates they have gutted the entire game and replaced it with crap. Fallout was an RPG game. It became far less of one with Fallout 4, but it was still an RPG game. They added the "build your own settlement" options for those who like that. I think it's OK.

My last truly favorite Fallout was New Vegas. The weapons were good, the role playing was there.

I won't buy Fallout 76. I'll wait until Fallout 5 or some other variation comes out that is an RPG. If none does, then Fallout 4 was my last.

Regards,

Doug

I just played FONV recently, and the thing I like about it is that the Characters are memorable. You should Try our the New California mod. No additional DLCs needed, and is very well written.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My fallout 4 on Xbox one has issues with the mods being deleted and not being able to re-download. I tried turning off and turning on the network and hard resetting. I also uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Now my game won't load due to the mods.

Top Bottom