• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ok, I want some input here. I have been considering get a next gen console, leaning towards the Xbox mainly because the exclusives that I want are there and most of my friends are there. That being said, should I opt to get one now, or wait for the Project Sorpio relase? I don't intend on buying a 4kUHD tv anytime soon unless one of the tvs craps out. I think I have the answer aleady, just want the input.

If you are going with an xbox, wait for soprio...better performance and VR (if you care)...

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Do you have a PC that can play games? If so then there is no reason to buy an Xbox when all of their games are going to launch on PC the same day. They will also be cross compatible.

Of the two system the PS4 I feel is a much better option over the Xbox.

I do have a PC that can play games, but I prefer to play on conoles. I get that the PC gaming can get the best graphics and there are many other benefits, its just not for me.

I also know that as the current gen out there, the PS4 is somewhat stronger in terms of the graphics. I am going to go with the Xbox though because I want to play online with my brother and friends who also are on Xbox. I also know that Scorpio is going to be one hell of a machine when it launches, and I am considering hold out until it does.

If you are going with an xbox, wait for soprio...better performance and VR (if you care)...

I am definitely leaning towards the Xbox. I am not concerned about VR; its going to be a few years before it will be refined enough for me to be interested. The downside of not buying for over another year is not playing online with friends in the meantime, the upside to not buying is having the beast of a machine and not feeling like I double spent my $$$.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I do have a PC that can play games, but I prefer to play on conoles. I get that the PC gaming can get the best graphics and there are many other benefits, its just not for me.

I also know that as the current gen out there, the PS4 is somewhat stronger in terms of the graphics. I am going to go with the Xbox though because I want to play online with my brother and friends who also are on Xbox. I also know that Scorpio is going to be one hell of a machine when it launches, and I am considering hold out until it does.

I am definitely leaning towards the Xbox. I am not concerned about VR; its going to be a few years before it will be refined enough for me to be interested. The downside of not buying for over another year is not playing online with friends in the meantime, the upside to not buying is having the beast of a machine and not feeling like I double spent my $$$.

sounds like the xbox one S might be fore you unless you want to look for a used xbox one for a decent price and save up for the nicer xbox later on

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just started playing The Elder Scrolls: Legends tonight. Forgot it was in open beta.

Essentially TES version of Hearthstone.

Actually pretty neat, with some unique aspects to it.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I've been on Playstation since the original PS1. This, coupled with the Skyrim DLC fiasco has made me want to go over to PC or XBOX. Next gen I will most certainly do so. I'd go for PC if I could, but I prefer a controller and don't have the $$$ to build a decent gaming computer (I have the ability though).

Mega-priced gaming PC aside, the PS controllers are just bluetooth gamepads, easy enough to pair with a PC.

How to Use a PlayStation 4?s DualShock 4 Controller for PC Gaming

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I've been on Playstation since the original PS1. This, coupled with the Skyrim DLC fiasco has made me want to go over to PC or XBOX. Next gen I will most certainly do so. I'd go for PC if I could, but I prefer a controller and don't have the $$$ to build a decent gaming computer (I have the ability though).

Mega-priced gaming PC aside, the PS controllers are just bluetooth gamepads, easy enough to pair with a PC.

How to Use a PlayStation 4?s DualShock 4 Controller for PC Gaming

...or you can use an xbox 360/xbox one controller with your pc via USB cord or a wireless clip you can buy

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I already use a wired Xbox360 controller for my modded pc version of Skyrim. The thing stopping me from getting into gaming pcs is mostly the $$$$. If I could make a pc that could play most of games at high/med setting for 5 or so years for under $800, I might just get into pc gaming. Otherwise I'm sticking with consoles.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Civilization VI is looking interesting.

TotalBiscuit took a look at an early release version here and talks about some of the differences. The new "district" system is sure to change how the game is played

[video=youtube;5Q9fAlfEh6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9fAlfEh6I[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's going to take a LOT to get me to move away from my beloved Civ IV BTS. I tried Civ V and it seemed light, but at the same time tricky to play within the rules...

Civ V pretty much required all the expansions to feel like a full game.

So far, early reviews of Civ VI say it feels pretty complete... the new features are interesting... and it has all the content of the Civ V expansions (religion, culture, etc)

Even brings back stacking units!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just bought an Xbox one a month or so ago. Biggest waste of money I could have spent. I realized my video game days are
    overnand it just doesn't hold my interest. Now I have a expensive paperweight.

Top Bottom