• MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    anyone playing Ark?
    ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

survival rpg start off naked and can craft / gets mats / tame dinosaurs all the way up to riding a dino wielding an assault rifle with a raptor pet just been looking at it but have not bought it yet seems interesting

I played about 150 hrs of it right after it released. I played so much that I burned right out. However, its a great game and the developers push out new content crazy fast. Well worth the price.

*Edit*
    Soo.... Correction. I played 364hrs per Steam :n00b:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I purchased my last Call of Duty title when "Gosts" released...unless they do a full reboot and return to WWII-based single-player campaigns.

At this point I feel like they should make the multiplayer component a subscription-based service with ongoing content updates, like an MMO or a MOBA.

I put countless hours into the original "Black Ops" multiplayer, though...still never got my K/D above 1.0. :(

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I purchased my last Call of Duty title when "Gosts" released...unless they do a full reboot and return to WWII-based single-player campaigns.

At this point I feel like they should make the multiplayer component a subscription-based service with ongoing content updates, like an MMO or a MOBA.

I put countless hours into the original "Black Ops" multiplayer, though...still never got my K/D above 1.0. :(

I played a bit of the MP, but not much. I think I'm one of the few COD players that actually played for the single-player story. I'm not a huge fan of the futuristic combat... and much prefer WW2/Vietnam theaters like the early Black Ops.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I think CoD reached its pinnacle with Modern Warfare. The games after that just didn't live up to the hype.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I played about 150 hrs of it right after it released. I played so much that I burned right out. However, its a great game and the developers push out new content crazy fast. Well worth the price.

*Edit*
    Soo.... Correction. I played 364hrs per Steam :n00b:

now I have to play it thanks ... kinda need a time sink so this sounds like it will do it. Server suggestion?

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    now I have to play it thanks ... kinda need a time sink so this sounds like it will do it. Server suggestion?

Play on an unofficial server with 4-6x gather and tame speeds if you don't like grinding. If you DO like grinding, the official servers are fine. They had lag issues at launch but those are pretty well sorted out.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I will be picking up MGS V tonight but I have to wait to play it. I did have it pre-ordered though. Mainly because my buddy did it so we could get an extra 10 dollar gift card on top of the Best Buy gamers club discount.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will be picking up MGS V tonight but I have to wait to play it. I did have it pre-ordered though. Mainly because my buddy did it so we could get an extra 10 dollar gift card on top of the Best Buy gamers club discount.

Apparently the retail PC version only has a Steam Installer included on the disc. That's... pretty amazing, I think.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't preorder anything anymore. Developers have ****ed us enough on preorders that they'll have to earn back my trust.

Same here. They don't get my money until I have seen reviews from sources that I trust (youtube gameplay videos).

Too many broken/incomplete/over-promised titles have made me gunshy.

I didn't even pre-order Fallout 4.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't preorder anything anymore. Developers have ****ed us enough on preorders that they'll have to earn back my trust.

Same here. They don't get my money until I have seen reviews from sources that I trust (youtube gameplay videos).

I was just thinking about this the other day. There are exceptions. EA Sports Madden NFL series has been pretty trustworthy. As long as they continue to release games that are solid on day one, I'll reward them by pre-ordering, depending on what kind of deal they offer. Madden 15 has been pretty solid.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

i miss the days of demos being released for most major games... With few exceptions I don't buy a game unless I can try it first... I guess there are still demos, they just call them torrents now... :rolleyes:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

I won't buy a Bethesda game until the Game of the Year Edition comes out. That way I get the game and DLC for less than the launch price, and the release bugs should be fixed

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I won't buy a Bethesda game until the Game of the Year Edition comes out. That way I get the game and DLC for less than the launch price, and the release bugs should be fixed

Takes a lot of self-control and patience to wait that long to play a triple-A game.

Just saw a couple of my Steam friends finally start playing things like Portal, or Skyrim. Can't imagine how they waited so long.

Edit: Unrelated

QT2dhjc.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom