• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I get a lot of pleasure attending gun shows. I have my favorites and some shows that are not so good. I don't usually buy guns. Mostly I find a part that I need; an old home gunsmithing book for a great price; and even a gun sometimes. There is plenty of time for good conversation that is not always worthwhile but, it is still conversation about a subject (firearms & shooting) I still enjoy.

Just take a few hours and enjoy the time. Some day it may all be gone. Then what will we do?
    Remember.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I always enjoy gun shows, and will continue to go as long as I'm able. As others have said, yes some things are overpriced, but there are still deals to be had. Even if I can't afford what's for sale, I still enjoy looking, and seeing things I haven't seen before. This past Saturday I went to INGO's own traderdan's "Pocket Traders" show, and while it was the smallest show I've ever been to, I walked away with a rifle that until then I had only seen in pictures, and saw several that I'd never seen before. (And the free biscuits and gravy were pretty darned good too! :rockwoot:)
    I liked the earlier analogy about hunting... even if you don't bag any game, it's still great to get out in the woods. :)

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What is the future of gun shows? Do you still plan to go or do you think it's pointless? Is there an advantage to going? I go at least once a year and I love to do it. Though every time, a friend tells me about "the good old days" and laments at how much it shrank. Having only been into this since 08, I'm only now seeing a shift.

It beats the hell out of doing a honey-do list. Of course I will go. ;)

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I have attended a few gun shows where I didn't buy anything, but I've yet to attend one where I didn't see a few interesting things, talk to a few interesting people, and take away a few good ideas.

For about the same price as going to a movie I get to:

• see in person/touch guns that I have only seen pictures of online

• buy ammo and accessories for about the price as online without shipping cost/wait time
    • compare side-by-side guns that I am considering, but aren't ever in stock at the same time at my LGS.
    • take of advantage on some good deals on private sales.
    • Get a good idea of what people buying and selling and at what the going rates are.

Top Bottom