40524711_1931017056935639_3608328696840060928_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, I don’t care about from my perspective as a lawyer that much.

Why are we pitting professions versus trade? We need them all.

What is more, this seems to imply that being a doctor or lawyer is beyond some people, so don’t try. Well, being a doctor or lawyer is not for everyone, but if you feel like it is, don’t let someone tell you it’s not for you. Maybe you do and fail....but if you don’t try, geez. Honestly, I see a lot of parents and family member to try to tamp down their kid’s enthusiasm for pursuing very log term goals like this. It’s sad.

Also, don’t let the money stop you. First of all, there are plenty of ways of avoiding crushing debt, but some level of debt for these professions make sense. It’s like taking out a loan to start a business.

In other words, if you find yourself making a good life in the trades, great! You can feel perfectly content without comparing yourself.

Because high school guidance counselors are trying to push EVERYONE into college.
    Not everyone needs to go.
    Not everyone wants to go.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Because high school guidance counselors are trying to push EVERYONE into college.
    Not everyone needs to go.
    Not everyone wants to go.

I learned from "The Game Of Life" or was it "Monopoly" that I had to be a Doctor or a Lawyer to make lots of money.
    But in school to do that I had to learn all kinds of words and letters and stuff. It was just too hard, so I made things instead.

I did get to boink a nurse in college. That's as close as I got to being a doctor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom