jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    MfQarpw.gif

Sometimes you just have to say, no, I won’t hold your beer.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    [video=facebook_share;308581466346056]https://www.facebook.com/EpochTimesPH/videos/308581466346056/[/video]

Click the pic to see the video. Tomorrow is Tuesday, but as the first day of the work week, like a Monday.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What the hell am I watching? I need some context to know how hard I should be laughing.

I found some context. I'll just copy/paste here:

Wow did not expect DCI to be on this sub so I'll try bring some context to what happened in this situation.

Drum Corps International (DCI), is the leading youth competitive league for drum and bugle corps (what are essentially marching bands to the average person.) Here's a video showing snippets of 2014's world championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIb0Kqg-7Q
    Each drum corps is steeped in their own traditions but most of them identify with their own little anthem that they sing usually referred to as their corps song. This video took place right after The Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps finished their final performance of the season and usually commemorate the end of the season by having the corps sing their corps song. This sort of thing is perfectly acceptable for the corps to do.

For some reason the stadium security thought it would be okay to get angry at them and urge them to move by throwing equipment at the corps members.

Your typical drum corps has a emphasis on 3 things: 1) Tradition 2) Excellence 3) Not being ****ed with

The staff of a drum corps isn't supposed to act like a school teacher, and the members aren't treated like school students, so the "zero tolerance policy" doesn't apply to drum corps.

If you mess with a drum corps, expect to be on the bad side of 150 young, professional quality musicians, who have just spent the last couple of months getting in the best shape of their lives, being taught by a world class staff who are there to guarantee that these members' season finale isn't ruined by an aggressive security worker stepping out of his bounds.

I may have left out some details but I hope that sums things up and gets more people interested in the activity. Some people really enjoyed marching band in high school only to never find out that there's a league that takes it to the next level on an international stage.

and here's someone commenting on CSC, in-general:

CSC Event Staff. They do literal 'T-shirt security' at large outdoor events. Companies hire them nationwide because they offer a low rate. They offer a low rate by hiring anyone who can fit into a shirt. Don't need literacy, don't need ability to loco-mote, don't need to have showered this month.

As a fellow security-type, I have dealt with more fallout from these mouthbreathers than I ever had to put up from the public. If your company was hired for any event of size, you could guarantee these feckless ****s were going to be there filling out the back ranks.

Can you tell I enjoyed this video?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom