Not open for further replies.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    uvrkyi7ri2v01.jpg

It must be really painful to be that freaking DUMB. But then if those people had the least inkling of science literacy they wouldn't be talking about cis people and 50+ genders.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    These same people say the "Deer Crossing" sign needs to be moved to a straight section of road because too many deer are hit when they try to cross near the curve in the road.
    They also complain that daylight savings time contributes to global warming with the extra hour of daylight.

It's really just sad. :(

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

There is ignorance, idiocy, and then Tide-pod-eating condom-snorting idiocy. And at least 52 people are in this category.

At least he/she got the hetero-normative cis part correct. I suspect that the first humans to define a "year" were likely not as "white" as this person believes. Solar calendars are really, really, old. Zodiac calendars are also really, really old. Heck, there are even "years" defined with more or fewer days, and calendars without the concept of a "year" at all. Some still in use today.

But, hey, why let facts stand in the way of a good rant.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If a starts with any kind of “gender identity” as a descriptor I tune out immediately and dismiss anything written by that person.
    Same for anyone speaking.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But, if i have no understanding what the intended meaning of your made up pronoun, how could I even attempt to be polite.

In the Sixties people talked about finding themselves. It seems now we have to try to figure out what you have found.

Here is a question. Have you actually run into anyone with this kind of delusion? I have not. I believe it is all media hype.

whatever.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Have you actually run into anyone with this kind of delusion? I have not. I believe it is all media hype.

Not yet. But colleges are cranking out thousands of gender studies majors. It's really just a matter of time before we run into one while ordering at McDonald's.:laugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Saw my first McDonalds with the walk-up kiosk. Not sure what jobs will be left for those Liberal Arts degrees.

I laugh at that, but then I realize there a buttload of people with liberal arts degrees that are way, way more professionally/financially successful than I will ever be. That gives me a sad.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    371   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    <----- Graduated from a liberal arts college with degrees in history & political science, now president of successful firm.

School cheer used at football games: "It's all right, it's OK, you're gonna work for us someday".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    <----- Graduated from a liberal arts college with degrees in history & political science, now president of successful firm.

School cheer used at football games: "It's all right, it's OK, you're gonna work for us someday".

Sounds . . . Wabash-ey.

What did you study in grad school?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom