5480de07e691b208c6bc06c2_736.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yeah, they call them Jar Heads because when you hold them up to the light it's just like looking through a Mason....;) How else do you get people to charge gun emplacements from an amphibious assault craft? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Kirk,

The real narrative is perhaps even more telling about our would-be overlords in the SJW world:

Leonor Flores Wants You to Know She Didn't Build Miami Bridge (So Get Over It)

Said Leonor: “It’s very important for me as a woman and an engineer to be able to promote that to my daughter, because I think women have a different perspective. We’re able to put in an artistic touch and we’re able to build, too.” The article was a great human interest story about a wife and mother who also happens to bean engineer who, readers assumed, had a hand in making the fancy bridge a reality.

But it was all a lie — PR fluff to promote FIU and MCM as progressive and inclusive workplaces. Within hours after the bridge was reduced to rubble on Thursday afternoon, FIU’s website updated the article to clarify that “Flores did not work on the FIU-Sweet Water University City Bridge project in any capacity.”

It's the diversity that matters, kids. Only racists care if bridges collapse.

29387116_10155500442418087_1764233047479156736_n.jpg

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When certain people are deemed....umm...unworthy of being implicated when things go awry, the powers that be, will see to it the blame falls where it does the least harm on the protected ones. I've witnessed this happening even down here, at my mere engineering level.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, that might be a problem, getting over it.... it collapsed, y’see.....

Don't miss the PC point:

1) Look at this woman engineer on this great project.
    2) We're inclusive and all that good stuff
    3) Bridge Collapse
    4) The woman engineer we shoved out front had nothing to do with the bridge project.
    5) Please forget about #1 and #2.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't miss the PC point:

1) Look at this woman engineer on this great project.
    2) We're inclusive and all that good stuff
    3) Bridge Collapse
    4) The woman engineer we shoved out front had nothing to do with the bridge project.
    5) Please forget about #1 and #2.

It would be interesting to know if they were lying about her being on the project initially to use her as a public relations tool, or if they're lying about her working on the project when she really did, for some other reason. One of them is a lie, maybe both!

I'm too lazy to dig into this, buf if she's the PE who signed-off on the design, she's going to be in trouble either way.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It would be interesting to know if they were lying about her being on the project initially to use her as a public relations tool, or if they're lying about her working on the project when she really did, for some other reason. One of them is a lie, maybe both!

I'm too lazy to dig into this, buf if she's the PE who signed-off on the design, she's going to be in trouble either way.

Assuming that they find a design flaw caused the collapse rather than a construction technique or a materials flaw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom