• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Run a piece of the largest monofilament line you can find down the shank of the hook on the barb side until it is against the barb. Pull the line and the hook out together the way they went in. It works.;)

You wanna diagram that out considering the barb is under the dudes finger nail?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You wanna diagram that out considering the barb is under the dudes finger nail?

The line goes in the same direction the hook went in. It will follow the path that the hook created as well as the shank of the hook and will stop at the barb. The line is now covering the barb, preventing it from digging in as you pull it out. It is not a painless procedure, but less painful than the alternative.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The line goes in the same direction the hook went in. It will follow the path that the hook created as well as the shank of the hook and will stop at the barb. The line is now covering the barb, preventing it from digging in as you pull it out. It is not a painless procedure, but less painful than the alternative.

I might still opt for suicide...

or at the very least general anesthetic.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I might still opt for suicide.

Ron Swanson would just bite his finger off.

9bf0810a01382cbff4909ee0c51f7bb4273925d60a9e09ee2aef335f7aa80745.jpg

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

So you stick the cut end in along the shank like a needle and the diameter of the line acts as a "weed guard" for the barb. I get it now!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    this would be hard to push through and cut off.

You don't push through and cut off when the hook is near tendons. While wading a creek, I had a topwater plug come flying back and hit me in the calf. It hung. I pushed it through, cut it off, and walked home. Once while swapping treble hooks, I had one get embedded near a finger joint. Went straight to urgent care and had it cut out. That $4 crankbait cost me $78. Doc told me I did the right thing. At least I caught a few bass on it before I lost it. ;)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You don't push through and cut off when the hook is near tendons. While wading a creek, I had a topwater plug come flying back and hit me in the calf. It hung. I pushed it through, cut it off, and walked home. Once while swapping treble hooks, I had one get embedded near a finger joint. Went straight to urgent care and had it cut out. That $4 crankbait cost me $78. Doc told me I did the right thing. At least I caught a few bass on it before I lost it. ;)

Wish I could post a pic of my buddy in middle school when I hooked him through his ear with a 1/4 spinner bait, right near where the top of the ear meets the skull. This was before cell phones with cameras, so you just have to visualize it. I cut the line, and then we rode our bikes home to ask my mom (a nurse) what to do. She had dad get his needle nose pliers and crush the barb, and then back it out the way it went in. I still have that spinner bait somewhere in my tackle box I think.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

LOL.............. I got a buddy like this one time while in a boat, I had a new Rapala hung up and didn't want to lose it.
    Pulled free and you could hear it hissing through the air. SMACK!! Stuck right in his calf. :rofl: The barbs didn't dig in. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom