The Funny Pic Thread Part 13 - Clowns to the Left of me, jokers to the right, Welcome to DC!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of the simple joys I have left in life is the look of either disgust or respect I get when I order my steak as rare as they can get it out to me.
    I have a rule- at good steak restaurants, always rare. At anything Applebees level or below-medium to medium rare. Anyhoo, whenever I order rare, I always get some polite version of the question "you sure?"

Yes. I am sure.

Last edited:

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    Partnered with a guy on a herd of Shorthorn cattle. Whenever we ate steak all he said to me was, "brand it, just brand it". I'm not kidding, a hot grill, slap a steak on it, get lines on it and he wanted it on his plate.
    That's pretty much me. We went to a place down in Nashville for one of my birthdays a few years ago, and the "gimmick" on the menu was an option to walk up to the open kitchen and pick your steak from 2 sheet pans: One bone-in, one boneless. After picking an entirely too large bone-in, dry-aged ribeye, I thought I could see a happy tear in the chef's eye as I said, "Just brown each side, little salt and pepper."

I have a rule- are good steak restaurants, always rare. At anything Applebees level or below-medium to medium rare. Anyhoo, whenever I order rare, I always get some polite version of the question "you sure?"

Yes. I am sure.

I always feel like Ron Swanson when that happens:
    3c8a1x.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Backward facing camera pics work like a mirror, do they not? I only learned this about a month ago as I do not often take selfies.
    Not mine. (iPhone). I just took a picture with it using the “rear facing camera, and while the viewfinder display was reversed, the resulting photo comes out the correct way, so that text is read left to right.

My inner OCD child is still disgruntled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom