• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Anybody thought about including a Kindle in their BOB? Was toying with the idea of one and trying to find a good solar charger... Beats trying to pack any books with you (let's face it, I can't remember half the stuff I would need since I don't exactly get to practice every day)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Anybody thought about including a Kindle in their BOB? Was toying with the idea of one and trying to find a good solar charger... Beats trying to pack any books with you (let's face it, I can't remember half the stuff I would need since I don't exactly get to practice every day)

That is my setup. I have a Kindle + solar charger in mine. I use a Nook Color most of the time, but it has a much shorter battery life. The B/W Kindles will run much longer on a charge and you can hold a ton of info on it. It holds so much that I don't feel restricted to prep/survival topics and can easily include many other items of interest including recreational reading. Calibre is an excellent software tool to manage the e-books.

I really like this charger. It's the size of a larger cell phone and has an internal battery that you can charge via AC, solar or USB. It can then run a small LED light or charge your cell phone, Kindle or other USB device. Tested it out with my devices and it works like a charm.

LowerSW

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Lower Southwest Indiana
    Hereis another way to find Free Kindle E-books.

Ifyou are looking for a specific topic, here’s how I search for free books onAmazon. I find it useful if you are looking for a topic or an author thatusually does not show up on the Amazon 100 list.

Goto Amazon and select the book department.
    Typein the search term of the item you are looking for.
    On the“sort by” tab (right side of the page) change it from “relevance” to price “lowto high”
    (Note- You need to pick a department for the “sort by” tab to show up)

Allthe free books (if any) will be shown first and then you can pick and choosewhat ones you want.
    (Becareful of the “Free to Amazon Prime members” pricing)

Top Bottom