• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Consider something. Consider for a moment that you are the Forgotten Man. What is the Forgotten Man? All me to explain. The Forgotten Man is the one whose labor is exploited in order to benefit whatever political cause catches the governments fancy...

The Forgotten Man
    by William Graham Sumner

The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and that his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man....

They therefore ignore entirely the source from which they employ in their remedies, and they ignore all the effects on other members of society than the ones they have in view. THey are always under the dominion of the superstition of government, and, forgetting that a government produces nothing at all, they leave out of sight the first fact to be remembered in all social discussion - that the state cannot get a cent for any man without taking it from some other man, and this latter must be a man who has produced and saved it. This latter is the Forgotten Man.

Consider a single, almost trivial example of government favoritism: sugar quotas. The US Government limits the amount of sugar that can be imported from around the globe. This make sugar more expensive and is why our colas are produced with cheaper corn syrup and why other Country's colas taste so much better.

These sugar quotas cost regular people outside the sugar industry maybe 50-100 dollars extra per year and the American sugar industry can make huge profits because of this Government program.

Multiply this minor example by about a million to account for the countless predatory schemes imposed by our government, and you have a pretty good idea of the impact of LEGAL PLUNDER.

What is Legal Plunder? Imagine a man walks into your home, holds you at gun point and demands your money. He promises to cure cancer with it and send little kids to school and provide healthcare to people with it. You'd probably still have the man arrested and thrown in the clink for being a thief right?

So why let the government do the same thing and get away with it?

THAT'S Legal Plunder.

THAT'S where the Forgotten Man comes into play.

THAT'S why we're ALL the Forgotten Man.​

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I thought this thread was going to be about the book by Amity Shales that is on Beck's reading list in Common Sense. It is very good account of how the administations of the 20's and 30's brought about and prolonged the great depression.
    I agree with op, The tax payers in this country are truely forgotten

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I thought this thread was going to be about the book by Amity Shales that is on Beck's reading list in Common Sense. It is very good account of how the administations of the 20's and 30's brought about and prolonged the great depression.
    I agree with op, The tax payers in this country are truely forgotten

Actually, the excerpt I posted was quoted in Ron Paul's book. I really liked the whole thing and it's only the first part of his chapter on Economics.

And the reason I said We're all the forgotten man is because we all produce for the government, but most of us don't recieve anything in return. Which is good. But I said we are not all John Galt because very few of us on this board would do the things John Galt "did" because too many of us would just submit to the demands of our Government.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    The key to removing yourself from Forgotten Man status is to stop doing what you do and step into D staus.

You can "Fight City Hall" if you have deep pockets, but the results are seldome what you want.

Take yourself out of the equation.

Stop feeding the Beast.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The key to removing yourself from Forgotten Man status is to stop doing what you do and step into D staus.

You can "Fight City Hall" if you have deep pockets, but the results are seldome what you want.

Take yourself out of the equation.

Stop feeding the Beast.

What? Stop working? Or stop paying taxes? I'm confuzed...

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What? Stop working? Or stop paying taxes? I'm confuzed...

My guess would be his second option. It is an interesting exercise in thought. With a system completely reliant on your compliance, what would happen if people simply started saying "NO". Take the tea parties as an example. How many people across the nation attended those events? Instead of begging the bureaucrats not to take more of your money and spending it on something with which you disagree, what if the message from the protesters was simply, "Pass a public option in 2009, and we won't file in 2010." If you are lucky enough to be the business owner, "Pass a public option in 2009, and I will cease withholding from my employees pay checks."

Obviously pie in sky thinking, but it does illustrate the fragility of a system that relies so heavily on unquestioned compliance.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My guess would be his second option. It is an interesting exercise in thought. With a system completely reliant on your compliance, what would happen if people simply started saying "NO". Take the tea parties as an example. How many people across the nation attended those events? Instead of begging the bureaucrats not to take more of your money and spending it on something with which you disagree, what if the message from the protesters was simply, "Pass a public option in 2009, and we won't file in 2010." If you are lucky enough to be the business owner, "Pass a public option in 2009, and I will cease withholding from my employees pay checks."

Obviously pie in sky thinking, but it does illustrate the fragility of a system that relies so heavily on unquestioned compliance.

Considering the W4 forms are completely voluntary paperwork, what if everyone just quit filing them? Good start to abolishing the Income Tax if you ask me.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Considering the W4 forms are completely voluntary paperwork, what if everyone just quit filing them? Good start to abolishing the Income Tax if you ask me.

Fear, social programming, and the monopoly on force.

People fear being put in a cage. We are programmed in government schools to follow the rules and be honest tax payers through the omission or distortion of history, the use of indoctrination tools (flags, pledges, most recently signing to the president) and carefully selected learning materials. Finally, government is the only entity that can jam a gun in your face and force you to do what they say. I guess that ties into the first point of fear.

Man, I am sounding pretty loony today. :n00b:
    I am going to blame it on the new coffee machine in the breakroom and my recent switch to using Splenda!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am going to blame it on the new coffee machine in the breakroom and my recent switch to using Splenda!

Coffee is evil by itself, but SPLENDA??? Man, you really have no fear of death do you?!?! :):

Honestly, if I knew enough people would quit paying income tax, I'd go for it. :D

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I am going to add John Galt to my reading list. I am truly ignorant of who this is
    Read Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?index=books&linkCode=qs&keywords=0525934189]Amazon.com: Atlas Shrugged: 35th Anniversary Edition (0050553039002): Ayn Rand, Leonard Peikoff: Books[/ame]

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Finally!

Is it "Pie in the Sky" if everyone participates?

Where would they house all of the Tea Party Members if they collectively said "NO!" ?

Gentlemen, I am not nearly as articulate as you; Keep talking.

No, it's not the coffee, it is your gut and your mind.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow. IF All the Tea Party members said no? That's about 10 million people who would just say :fawk: That's a pretty big statement....

Top Bottom