• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Wow. IF All the Tea Party members said no? That's about 10 million people who would just say :fawk: That's a pretty big statement....

So, where would they hold them for failure to file?

What court system could handle the prosecution?

Where would the manpower be to confiscate assets?

What would the human response be if the Fed attempted to harness the the tax revolt?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, where would they hold them for failure to file?

What court system could handle the prosecution?

Where would the manpower be to confiscate assets?

What would the human response be if the Fed attempted to harness the the tax revolt?

They wouldn't have to throw that many in jail as the top 10% pay 70-80% of the taxes in this country. If you make less than $50k, your taxes don't amount to a speck on the wall. For it to work, the rich would have to participate. If they did, the government would just nationalize their businesses. That will just make the inevitable collapse of our economy quicker.

Insurance companies have a formula for whether or not to total a car involved in a wreck. Once it reaches a certain percentage of replacement value, they total it. Our current government has been run over by a train and is barely recognizable as a car. Time to put it on the scrap heap and start over.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They wouldn't have to throw that many in jail as the top 10% pay 70-80% of the taxes in this country. If you make less than $50k, your taxes don't amount to a speck on the wall. For it to work, the rich would have to participate. If they did, the government would just nationalize their businesses. That will just make the inevitable collapse of our economy quicker.

Insurance companies have a formula for whether or not to total a car involved in a wreck. Once it reaches a certain percentage of replacement value, they total it. Our current government has been run over by a train and is barely recognizable as a car. Time to put it on the scrap heap and start over.

:+1: Exactly.

The problem though is what Go Devil asked. I don't know. No one does because it's never happened. THey can't jail us all as they already packed the prisions with low level druggies. Fine us? And make us pay how?

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    Wow, sound like you boys have the making of a proletariat revolution. If that many people engaged in a societal uprising I think it would throw cities into martial law. You would see gulags pop up to corrale the civilian "terrorists". So they won't throw you in jail, they'll create new laws to combat any threat to national security.

Also i don't belive that large of a number of people would just up and stop paying taxes. Understand here i'm not inciting revolution...*but* it would take some form of catalyst to engage that many people. It would take more that just becoming aware. Does this make sense? The gov't would have to do something henious to the average joe to make him want to act.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Lots of good articles, but didn't see anything about the income tax...

Wow, sound like you boys have the making of a proletariat revolution. If that many people engaged in a societal uprising I think it would throw cities into martial law. You would see gulags pop up to corrale the civilian "terrorists". So they won't throw you in jail, they'll create new laws to combat any threat to national security.

Also i don't belive that large of a number of people would just up and stop paying taxes. Understand here i'm not inciting revolution...*but* it would take some form of catalyst to engage that many people. It would take more that just becoming aware. Does this make sense? The gov't would have to do something henious to the average joe to make him want to act.

I think you may be right, but I don't see them hanging people or declaring martial law over not paying income tax. Seriously. If they did, that would be the catalyst to spark a revolution.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Lots of good articles, but didn't see anything about the income tax...

I think you may be right, but I don't see them hanging people or declaring martial law over not paying income tax. Seriously. If they did, that would be the catalyst to spark a revolution.

And just who do you think is going to fight on the behalf of the forgotten man? The overwhelming majority of our populatio thinks al of theriomorphic problems stem from the greed of the forgotten man.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And just who do you think is going to fight on the behalf of the forgotten man? The overwhelming majority of our populatio thinks al of theriomorphic problems stem from the greed of the forgotten man.

No one's going to fight on behalf of the forgotten man unless it's the soldiers. We will fight for ourselves. Those that have the ballz to do so anyway.

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    Yes some people get away with not paying their income taxes, however that's not 10 million in all out revolt against taxes.

The American people see the ones not paying taxes as a burden because it (as I understand) raises everyone's taxes. The one's not paying taxes face federal prison or monetary fines.

I see your point...I think government will dial up the punishment to deter the crime, no one will be hung or turn martial law until it gets that far. However the strategy on all affairs seems to be to slowly raise the temperature in the proverbial pot. If things don't change quickly no one will notice all our rights have been lost.

The other strategy, seems to be to try to pass a law, if it's unpopular they create a problem where the solution is the law they wanted to pass in the first place. Some point to 9/11 as an example of this. With a clear indication of attack nothing was done to stop it, and in the aftermath all rights went away, and new laws were passed without even being read.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom