• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    There are probably a dozen Wranglers in the parking lot at work. I would guarantee that none of the owners know anything about a straight front axle or that it would affect their buying decision. I predict that the new Bronco will sell like hotcakes and the used prices for Wranglers will plummet. Another vote for the Bronco looking like a Scout which is not a bad thing.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    The return of the Bronco has always been about competing with the Wrangler head to head. A full size Bronco wouldn’t do that.

Speaking of competing, on paper this thing meets or beats the Wrangler in several categories. For rock crawling I don’t think it can be as competitive with Wrangler’s articulation because of solid front axles. But it looks like Ford even put some thought into that. The chassis is based on the Ford Ranger, except the front suspension was redesigned to give better travel. I don’t think it would be anywhere near as good as the Rubicon but I’d like to see the articulation score on a Bronco with the Sasquatch package.

I want to say I watched a video where they said the 2 door Bronco rti score was 930s and the comparable jeep was 860.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ****ed Over Rebuilt Dodge.

But. This Bronco could be a Ford worth owning, it pains me to say.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I want to say I watched a video where they said the 2 door Bronco rti score was 930s and the comparable jeep was 860.

I think the rti score for a Rubicon with sway bar disconnected is around 690. I saw an article that said Ford claimed the Bronco Badlands scores a 700 with their stabilizer bar disconnected. I kinda doubt the 700. But I can believe that it’s not all that far behind the Rubicon.

I’m really excited about the Bronco. It kinda looks like it will take a huge chunk out of the Wrangler’s market. It seems to fill in a lot of Jeep’s shortcomings, at least on paper. But it’s a ferd. It could turn out to be a turd. The price seems to track the Wrangler’s for each comparable trim level yet offers a little more. Did they cut corners? We’ll see. I’m optimistic about it though.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I think the rti score for a Rubicon with sway bar disconnected is around 690. I saw an article that said Ford claimed the Bronco Badlands scores a 700 with their stabilizer bar disconnected. I kinda doubt the 700. But I can believe that it’s not all that far behind the Rubicon.

I’m really excited about the Bronco. It kinda looks like it will take a huge chunk out of the Wrangler’s market. It seems to fill in a lot of Jeep’s shortcomings, at least on paper. But it’s a ferd. It could turn out to be a turd. The price seems to track the Wrangler’s for each comparable trim level yet offers a little more. Did they cut corners? We’ll see. I’m optimistic about it though.

I am must be off on my numbers. I'll have to look for the video later.

The swaybar disconnect is pretty cool being hydraulic. I would assume you could adjust the rate which could be nice for some situations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am must be off on my numbers. I'll have to look for the video later.

The swaybar disconnect is pretty cool being hydraulic. I would assume you could adjust the rate which could be nice for some situations.
    The Rubicon has an electronic front sway bar disconnect. I suspect the Bronco’s being hydraulic could make theirs more reliable. I don’t think it’s variable though. So it would be two states: connected or disconnected.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I owned a large Bronco way back when. I liked it in many ways, but it drove like a truck.

If this new one has a nice ride.....I may consider it when my 2001 Tundra gives up the ghost in another 10 years. :)

But...they probably won't let me drive then.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I owned a large Bronco way back when. I liked it in many ways, but it drove like a truck.

If this new one has a nice ride.....I may consider it when my 2001 Tundra gives up the ghost in another 10 years. :)

But...they probably won't let me drive then.....
    This is body on frame, but coils instead of leafs in the back and independent front suspension, Bilstein shocks all the way around. I’d bet it drives better than your Tundra, at least the 4 door. The 2 door has a short wheel base and I’d think it drives a little more like a wrangler. There’s only so much you can do with that.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think the new Broncos look real good.

But not enough to get me to spend my $ on one. Way too impractical. Maybe once my kids are out of the house. But doubt I'll find myself suddenly in the midst of a paradigm shift where I feel the need to spend more $ than necessary. But I digress.

One of my neighbors has a 1996 Bronco. Last year of the full-sized ones. His is OJ Simpson white. Almost pristine. I think it would be fun to have.

My grandpa had a Scout for several years as his rural letter carrier vehicle. I have 1 or 2 very vague memories of that vehicle. I think it would be fun to do a restoration project on one.

And now, allow me to offer unsolicited advice: Never be a beta tester.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    And now, allow me to offer unsolicited advice: Never be a beta tester.

This is too true; way back in the early 1980's I bought a gently-used 1978 Ford Fairmont, the first of the Ford Fox-body cars. It was almost new.

I soon discovered why the first owner had traded it in-dozens of minor issues.

There were multiple recalls on the vehicle. One that stands out in my mind required the dealer to re-round a wiring harness that was too close to the steering shaft under the dash.

As TF says: Never be a beta tester. Let it be out for a couple of years. NO amount of test track and demo driving can substitute for the lessons learned after a product is put into mass production.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I guess this is how a Ford dealer is recommending you setup your Bronco.

[video=youtube;NK99GVyLHpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK99GVyLHpg&t=2s[/video]

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I guess this is how a Ford dealer is recommending you setup your Bronco.

[video=youtube;NK99GVyLHpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK99GVyLHpg&t=2s[/video]

Funny how you click on it and get subjected to a Jeep ad, for a "concept" vehicle.:rolleyes:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

The only way I'd own a Dodge is if it was rebuilt by Ford. :):

I've had really good luck with Fords that I have owned. Currently have a 2017 Escape Titanium 2.0, bought it brand new and I'm at 58,000 miles without any problems.

Then again, I'd be lobbing Molotov cocktails at Ford if I had owned one of their gawd-awful Focus models with the dual-clutch PowerShat transmission.

Top Bottom