• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, unless you happen to find yourself in the middle of a flash mob of illegal aliens protesting state immigration laws while wearing your US Flag or US Constitution golf shirt, BE is the most likely event, historically, to be caught up in when violence breaks out. If we can't bring ourselves to describe a known historical hazard when we see it, we may as well give up prepping for emergencies. This doesn't have anything particular to do with the racial makeup of the perpetrators of violence, but the historical actuality of the propensity for this event to turn violent.

This thread is about mob violence, or specifically a "flash mob." All the talk of flash mobs I've been made aware of, don't happen during dedicated events, but rather spontaneously... ie when the possibility of confrontation from an organized body of "good guys," would be remote. I think it goes without saying that if any of us were going to the Black Expo, or any event involving large groups of people, your awareness is heightened to a point that there is no "gotcha" moment. It goes without saying, that a flash mob, would initially take you by surprise... it is at that point that one has to start thinking about their safety. If people want to talk about Black Expo using poorly coded euphemisms, start another thread, and address that event there.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Having worked both downtown during all the events that take place, and as a school resource officer, I can say without a doubt, that the "Summer Celebration" will be as an excuse by all manner of local yutes (and some not so yute-ful) as an excuse to gather and participate in tomfoolery of all kinds. It may not be a "flash mob" per se, but the factor of using cell phones or social media to gather in one place for the purpose of _________________________ will be in effect nonetheless.

It all boils down to having the situational awareness to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sometimes you have advanced notice, sometimes you only have a few seconds.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    How will the press cover a person with a concealed weapons permit dropping 10 of these mob members protecting his family?????

Ohh you know one of the members will survive and turn it into them being a group of folks who were headed to church and then a gunholder with a chip on their shoulder started to open fire for no reason whatsoever :-(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    do you think a "looters will be shot!" sign would be politically incorrect?

I'm sure a savvy lawyer could use that sign to paint you as a gun-toting lunatic bent on shooting any dumb kid who steps on his flowerbed...but it's totally PC, no problems there ;)

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Ill never understand how a parent would just set their loose in dtwn indy all nite w no supervision..add that to the"group" mentality and u get senseless violence just like last yr....mark my words,there will be a repeat of last years "summer celebration"

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yep, I agree.

Also, this is spreading across the nation. A flash mob just attacked and stole thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Sears in my County a few days ago. I think it's time to put a spare long-gun in the trunk. :n00b::ar15:

Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears (With Video) - delcotimes.com

This has been a favored tactic for residents of Philadelphia and Chester to inflict upon Delaware Co for at least the last 30 years. Nothing new. Used to call it "wolf packs."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    This has been a favored tactic for residents of Philadelphia and Chester to inflict upon Delaware Co for at least the last 30 years. Nothing new. Used to call it "wolf packs."

0008.jpg

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    So why not create a civilian patrol to help promote 2A rights, training, education. Would armed civilians make the criminally inclined think twice? Why cave to urban terrorism? Urban terrorism is certainly more oppressive on the American way of life than any cave dweller could dream of I think a review of comments here might support this.

Just saying law abiding citizens should not fear the worst society has to offer these flash mobs should fear a society that is armed and won't take squat no Internet tough guy talk.

I think addressing it rather than
    Ignoring would be best.

Does impd have any taskforce to deal with them (fledgling)?

Top Bottom