• Status
    Not open for further replies.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Do you guys think we will see more of the same tonight? It doesn't help when you have the Brown's attorney saying the system is broken. As suspected to begin with that no matter the outcome the facts don't matter. Those that are against Officer Wilson and wanted an indictment are out to make a scene and are not concerned with the law or that Mr. Brown's actions that day lead him to a point where it was going home in handcuffs or a body bag. If you go for an officers gun its not going to go well. If you attack a civilian and go for their gun, again likely will not go well and deadly force is justifiable. For those saying justice was not reached I really want to know what they consider justice as I think it was reached with the officer being cleared.

I feel for the Ferguson shop owners who now have to rebuild and I hope that they have insurance which will cover it and are able to stay stable and support their families through the holidays.

Do you guys think this is the type of reaction and response we will see in future protests across the U.S. when this type of situation arises again? Is rioting the new norm when it comes to protesting? I'm all for people protesting and having a right to voice their opinion in mass demonstrations but what happened last night is unacceptable in our culture and I hope we can put a quick end to it. I'm against the militarization of the police but in these situations I don't see how it will be stopped without a significant show of force.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As far as blurred vid while "scuffling", I would venture to say a shoot would be good on the cop's testimony, along with blurred fight vid, as long as the good vid, and audio prior to and after the shoot/scuffle supported?

Right, there could be some useful images, but if people think that they're going to have a bird's eye view in breathtaking high definition technicolor showing every "blow by blow" detail, they're sadly mistaken.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Do you guys think we will see more of the same tonight? It doesn't help when you have the Brown's attorney saying the system is broken. As suspected to begin with that no matter the outcome the facts don't matter. Those that are against Officer Wilson and wanted an indictment are out to make a scene and are not concerned with the law or that Mr. Brown's actions that day lead him to a point where it was going home in handcuffs or a body bag. If you go for an officers gun its not going to go well. If you attack a civilian and go for their gun, again likely will not go well and deadly force is justifiable. For those saying justice was not reached I really want to know what they consider justice as I think it was reached with the officer being cleared.

I feel for the Ferguson shop owners who now have to rebuild and I hope that they have insurance which will cover it and are able to stay stable and support their families through the holidays.

Do you guys think this is the type of reaction and response we will see in future protests across the U.S. when this type of situation arises again? Is rioting the new norm when it comes to protesting? I'm all for people protesting and having a right to voice their opinion in mass demonstrations but what happened last night is unacceptable in our culture and I hope we can put a quick end to it. I'm against the militarization of the police but in these situations I don't see how it will be stopped without a significant show of force.
    I think there will be more tonight. No doubt.

1911ly said "cracker".
    :ugh:

***REPORTED***

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can agree with his ideal on body cameras.

It's not a terrible idea for all involved, until we start figuring out how to pay for it.
    Of course, then there is this wonderful idea of rewarding bad behavior.

Still waiting for the Brown's to apologize for their son's criminal actions and the upbringing that made him think this was OK.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's not a terrible idea for all involved, until we start figuring out how to pay for it.
    Of course, then there is this wonderful idea of rewarding bad behavior.

I'm waiting for the Brown's to apologize for their son's criminal behavior and the upbringing that made him think this was OK.

I am sure that video is fake! :ugh:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, maybe we should make some lemonade from this big bag o' lemons.

A very loud, persistent call for a national day of observance for Michael Brown: Civil Right Hero, is inevitable. Could we get a jump on marketing the merchandise early?

Oops. Was that offensive?

If you do that, you'd better watch your six for Lesley McSpadden and Louis Head. They might roll up on you with a pipe in hand, claiming a "patent" on your merchandise.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I think this is the new normal with all the press this has gotten. Anytime there is anything at all riots will happen. Cops will be afraid to do their jobs cause of the resulting "protests". Store and home owners will be afraid to defend themselves or their property cause the criminals are the victims. Only hope I have is that good people will just not care about how they are portrayed and just go ahead and do what is needed to try to stop the BG. I'm guessing these riots will go on for several days if not longer. Also, I'd like to see the store owners who had their stores looted and burned take the insurance money and run. Let the place rot. Burn up your own neighborhood and then live in what's left.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I am still of the opinion that rioting would have still taken place even if they had made the decision to indict. I think this opinion is re-enforced by the facts that the vast majority of arrests made last night were people from out of town and that businesses that had publicly supported Brown and even had signage to show it were still looted. Without the people just looking for an opportunity to break the law and get away with it, this would have been little more than a minor and mostly peaceful disturbance. Its a sad commentary on the state of our society.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am still of the opinion that rioting would have still taken place even if they had made the decision to indict. I think this opinion is re-enforced by the facts that the vast majority of arrests made last night were people from out of town and that businesses that had publicly supported Brown and even had signage to show it were still looted. Without the people just looking for an opportunity to break the law and get away with it, this would have been little more than a minor and mostly peaceful disturbance. Its a sad commentary on the state of our society.

Some form of it was still going to happen. Either way.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't care.
    This has to be said and it might as well be said right now. I've put up with these guys for most of my life and I can't take them more. Just the sight of them makes me want the puke. :puke:

I HATE BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!

Well - I feel much better. Thank You.

Ha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom