Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good morning, INGOers. I went back into the office right around the time the Teleprompter in Chief starting blabbing, and got back in around 11:00 (St. Louis time). Everything around/just south of Clayton was almost eerily quiet - which is just fine with me. I heard a couple sirens through the night, but sounds like all the rioting was focused in Ferguson, with some street wanderers in the Shaw area.

Two Brentwood PD were headed in to Starbucks with me this morning. I offered to buy their drinks, but they declined. (Is that a policy thing? Happened to me in Plainfield a while back, too.) They said they spent all yesterday up in Clayton. Either nobody tried to stir up trouble near the courthouse, or the LEO did a great job nipping it in the bud. I admit to being pleasantly surprised.

Is there anything worth reading in the last 20 pages of the thread? Perhaps some explanation for how last night's events were "peaceful", or something?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    2x9gmn5.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I understand this is an opportunity to voice concern and outrage, but hateful speech/posts will result in a permanent ban.

I don't care.
    This has to be said and it might as well be said right now. I've put up with these guys for most of my life and I can't take them more. Just the sight of them makes me want the puke. :puke:

I HATE BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!

Well - I feel much better. Thank You.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Brown's father speaking now with Al Sharpton in tow behind him. Of course he says that this was not handled correctly (despite convening a grand jury for longer than just about any case in history) and does not accept the decision. Color me surprised. He said that the police and the prosecutor are on the same side. Well, duh! That's how it works genius. The stupid... it burns!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Brown's father speaking now with Al Sharpton in tow behind him. Of course he says that this was not handled correctly (despite convening a grand jury for longer than just about any case in history) and does not accept the decision. Color me surprised. He said that the police and the prosecutor are on the same side. Well, duh! That's how it works genius. The stupid... it burns!

They have absolutely no idea of how the system we would face if doing wrong actually works. They are special.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can agree with his ideal on body cameras.

Possibly, but have you ever seen footage from a body camera worn by an officer that was in the process of scuffling with or chasing a suspect? It's mostly blurred, unrecognizable nonsense. I suppose the audio might be useful, but definitely not the images.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Possibly, but have you ever seen footage from a body camera worn by an officer that was in the process of scuffling with or chasing a suspect? It's mostly blurred, unrecognizable nonsense. I suppose the audio might be useful, but definitely not the images.

You would still have audio.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Al's cheese has slid off his cracker. The man is not helping. Trying to put doubt out there. He's gotta keep his pay check coming.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, maybe we should make some lemonade from this big bag o' lemons.

A very loud, persistent call for a national day of observance for Michael Brown: Civil Right Hero, is inevitable. Could we get a jump on marketing the merchandise early?

Oops. Was that offensive?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As far as blurred vid while "scuffling", I would venture to say a shoot would be good on the cop's testimony, along with blurred fight vid, as long as the good vid, and audio prior to and after the shoot/scuffle supported?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom