Not open for further replies.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Listened to a local (previous?) prosecutor Crawford and he feels that the prosecutor knew there was no case and used the grand jury for cover because if you think you have a case, you can always get a positive grand jury decision.

Moral of the story. If you beat on a cop and try to grab his gun, it ain't gonna end well for you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Listened to a local (previous?) prosecutor Crawford and he feels that the prosecutor knew there was no case and used the grand jury for cover because if you think you have a case, you can always get a positive grand jury decision.

Moral of the story. If you beat on a cop and try to grab his gun, it ain't gonna end well for you.

Don't know about Missouri, but if you believe you have a strong case, you don't use a Grand Jury at all. My take- without the protests and fury back at the beginning, there would have been no Grand Jury and no charges. Not because of any good-old-boy mentality, but because the case wasn't there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don't know about Missouri, but if you believe you have a strong case, you don't use a Grand Jury at all. My take- without the protests and fury back at the beginning, there would have been no Grand Jury and no charges. Not because of any good-old-boy mentality, but because the case wasn't there.

Pretty much what one of the former prosecutor "experts" on one of the channels I was watching last night said.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Big fire sale in Ferguson last night. Prices were criminally low, practically a steal.

Riot toll on INGO: 3 shooters + 1 reshooter. So there truly are bad apples everywhere.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I read this on FB, and thought that I'd share. If you ever wonder WTF is wrong with the world, people like this are a good place to start.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    [video=youtube;n2z5-H8NSGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z5-H8NSGA[/video]

Posted yet? Thread growing too fast for me to know for sure.

Hopefully tonight the local guard, local militias, and good citizens who don't want to see their community absolutely destroyed will stand up and protect themselves and the place they all call home. Protesters can protest wherever, though the rioters/vandals/criminals/thugs need to be dealt with appropriately.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not a terrible idea for all involved, until we start figuring out how to pay for it.
    Of course, then there is this wonderful idea of rewarding bad behavior.

Still waiting for the Brown's to apologize for their son's criminal actions and the upbringing that made him think this was OK.

I won't hold my breath while I wait for that.

Based on what we know of the evidence presented, the person responsible for the event that is being used an excuse for the mayhem is one Michael Brown. He was a predator who attacked someone who ultimately was able to defend himself effectively, resulting in the predator being stopped permanently. The parents of this predator will never acknowledge that, nor will they accept any responsibility for what they did or did not do that results in their child growing into a predator who harmed other people until someone was able to stop him.

Of course, the more it's spun into racial animus, the less likely anyone will have to account for their real sins of the past.

Rosa Parks he ain't.:rolleyes:

But if you think there's $$$ to be made, go fur it.:yesway:

I predict that within a week Michael Brown will be elevated to the same status as Rosa Parks. Or St. Trayvon.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Did you guys see the video of Brown's step father yelling "Burn this ***** down" over and over? The video will start where he starts yammering on about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8eUsAoKIA#t=196

I can't comprehend the pain of losing someone close to you, though I also can't comprehend how inciting a riot to 'burn this ***** down' (Ferguson) would be 'justice'. At least Brown's real father called for peace when interviewed.

Sad sad.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So was rioting contained in the Ferguson area, or did it spread to any other cities? I've been having trouble keeping track of it all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom