• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Does business insurance cover civil disobedience? Friend told said most insurance doesn't, his right outside the city limits and can see and smell the smoke from the fires. He has two pistols and two shotguns loaded and placed through out his home. People in his subdivision are worried it will spill over into the neighboring areas.
    I have a job in E St. Louis coming up, actually I'm going to postpone it a few more days, and I specifically asked if I was covered, and luckily I am, but my agent said most aren't!

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    The wife has the Today Show on and they've got a poll going as to whether the GJ made the right decision. I think they're a bit surprise, I know I was, that 79% of their audience said "yes".
    How long before Matt Lauer dismisses nearly 4/5ths of his audience as "ignorant racists"?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Does business insurance cover civil disobedience? Friend told said most insurance doesn't, his right outside the city limits and can see and smell the smoke from the fires. He has two pistols and two shotguns loaded and placed through out his home. People in his subdivision are worried it will spill over into the neighboring areas.
    I don't think what is going on in Furgeson counts as "civil disobedience" It is criminal activity, plain and simple.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Even having a poll about whether the grand jury made the right decision is nonsense.

My guess that without the rioting and looting, the poll would be closer to 50-50. Good job!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Even having a poll about whether the grand jury made the right decision is nonsense.

My guess that without the rioting and looting, the poll would be closer to 50-50. Good job!

And if my uncle had boobs, he'd be my aunt. But that's not the reality, is it? The rioting and looting DID occur, and it cannot (nor should) be ignored.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And if my uncle had boobs, he'd be my aunt. But that's not the reality, is it? The rioting and looting DID occur, and it cannot (nor should) be ignored.

Who said anything should be ignored?

My point is that the evidence is the evidence and NO ONE answering the poll has seen more than a scant amount of it. Not the 79%, not the 21%. Who is in a position to say the grand jury got it wrong? No one.

What I am saying is that in this absence of facts, people answers the poll based upon gut feelings, impressions, beliefs, who knows? The rioters have harmed their supposed "cause".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Who said anything should be ignored?

My point is that the evidence is the evidence and NO ONE answering the poll has seen more than a scant amount of it. Not the 79%, not the 21%. Who is in a position to say the grand jury got it wrong? No one.

What I am saying is that in this absence of facts, people answers the poll based upon gut feelings, impressions, beliefs, who knows? The rioters have harmed their supposed "cause".
    Well, the evidence and testimony has now been presented (see links upthread), but you're probably right that when the poll was taken, those polled had not seen it all. However, what little was presented in the media (autopsy and forensic evidence) was pretty compelling. In the absence of all the facts, people will form opinions on what is available and form expectations. It appears that the rioting and looting fulfilled those expectations and served to cement those opinions, hence the poll results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom