Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The whole "body in the street for hours" deal has puzzled me since the start of this whole debacle. I have never been on a homicide scene, or a police action shooting scene, where the body was removed before all the evidence was processed. It takes crime lab an hour or so to arrive, once the initial event occurs and then they take hours to process the scene. 4.5 hours for the body to lay there is not uncommon, and actually is properly aligned with the necessary time frame to complete the initial at-scene investigation. Even the crime shows on Discovery ID and whatnot show this as commonplace. :dunno:

Agitators gonna agitate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That may be, but that neighborhood certainly cannot be a stranger to a homicide investigation or three.

Probably, but this one is "different", and we all know what the difference is. It will be an interesting evening in Ferguson. "Interesting" as in the old Chinese curse, "May you lead an interesting life".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, a lot of people on all sides think they know exactly what is going to happen- with the Grand Jury, with protests, with everything. One thing I've learned, almost nothing happens exactly the way you think it's going to.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, curious to see how the following days pan out.

I'm really conflicted here. I'm not a fan of militarizing the police to the point they look and act like soldiers. I feel like a lot of this has been blown out of proportion and I don't know if I really buy different media reports claiming protestors were making bombs and stuff. FBI is known for staging stuff like that like that in the past or going as far as issuing supplies then doing the bust later. Lot of fear mongering. Lot of sensationalist media reporting. Lot of individuals on both sides seeing this as a black vs white thing and wanting some sort of race related conflict, and I think the media wants that to. Think of the viewership and ratings!

Also... Probably a good time to remember.... other races are known for violent riots over items much less important than a life, things like sports and politics. So... it's not 'just' a certain group of people capable of being idiots when they're mad. :)

tumblr_lmy7627KnG1qjjbhw.jpg

tumblr_lmwnl1Azil1qjjbhw.jpg

tumblr_lmwnggOGim1qjjbhw.jpg

tumblr_lmwnc1UVUd1qjjbhw.jpg

tumblr_lmwmrjwHV21qjjbhw.jpg

riot2-pi_2011061600253966_660_320.JPG

original.jpg

And how about this in Kentucky?

2926760.large.jpg

xin_5121206070640437135858.jpg

OB-RT271_2greec_G_20120210080940.jpg

riot-460x276.jpg

1050117.jpg

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

I'm white, not that it matters, but remember: White people can be *******s too when mad. They can, have, and do destroy stuff too when fueled by anger. :)

With that said, I'm still curious to see how this pans out and will watch protests via livestream. I suspect there will be some people planted in the crowd to escalate things early on, which will justify whatever happens from there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The difference is we know what to expect with this bunch. No ones ever gonna day in a shocked voice "oh look they're rioting I can't believe it."
    more like ..... Oh they're taking tv's. No surprise

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom