12   0   0

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When it happens I feel bad for the real citizens of Furguson. It won't matter the verdict. Finding the officer guilty would turn it in to a celebration riot. People are itching to run in and riot. It will happen :(

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why would this "coalition" of protesters care if police wore protective riot gear UNLESS they were planning on attacking the police? If they're truly planning on a peaceful protest, then it shouldn't matter what kind of gear the police are wearing. Something tells me their intent is NOT a peaceful protest and they want to be able to inflict as much harm as possible, as quickly as possible.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Why would this "coalition" of protesters care if police wore protective riot gear UNLESS they were planning on attacking the police? If they're truly planning on a peaceful protest, then it shouldn't matter what kind of gear the police are wearing. Something tells me their intent is NOT a peaceful protest and they want to be able to inflict as much harm as possible, as quickly as possible.

Why would they care? That's an easy anwser. It's easier to put a hurt on a cop that's not shielded. I would NOT walk that walk the LEO's have to walk in that area. I feel for you guys! And I hope you all make it home safely!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why would they care? That's an easy anwser. It's easier to put a hurt on a cop that's not shielded. I would NOT walk that walk the LEO's have to walk in that area. I feel for you guys! And I hope you all make it home safely!

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure our resident "All cops are jackbooted stormtroopers" guy will be along to explain it to us... :rolleyes:

But hey, you know they only requested that they not use rubber bullets. Perhaps (if necessary) they can oblige them by using the real thing. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County

Was kinda thinkin along those lines myself. Combine that with the fact that the police are suppose to let them gather in "larger, more disruptive spaces than police would usual allow for longer than police would usually allow" and you have the beginnings to a scary party. Hope everyone stays safe when this breaks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Was kinda thinkin along those lines myself. Combine that with the fact that the police are suppose to let them gather in "larger, more disruptive spaces than police would usual allow for longer than police would usually allow" and you have the beginnings to a scary party. Hope everyone stays safe when this breaks.
    I guess smashing windows, looting and arson in small shops and strip malls isn't disruptive enough? Maybe they want to do the same at a larger mall?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My thoughts exactly. I'm sure our resident "All cops are jackbooted stormtroopers" guy will be along to explain it to us... :rolleyes:

But hey, you know they only requested that they not use rubber bullets. Perhaps (if necessary) they can oblige them by using the real thing. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

It's easy to spot the cop haters. Turns my stomach a bit. The actions of a few bad cops doesn't offset all the good that the good cops do. I know a lot of LEO's And I know a few that I wouldn't give the time of day to. But I do not wish for the end of law enforcement like a few people do. I personly haven't heard of a viable replacement yet. that could be a subject for a whole other thread.

I have been following the news and I haven't heard any news yet. Maybe just a rumor. But sooner or later it will happen. :-(

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    When it happens I feel bad for the real citizens of Furguson. It won't matter the verdict. Finding the officer guilty would turn it in to a celebration riot. People are itching to run in and riot. It will happen :(

Pretty well sums it up, it's just a matter of when.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I feel horrible for the small businesses around St. Louis. They are bleeding money to weak tea response of the politicians which only encourage misbehavior.

Just Now>>> #Ferguson Business Boarded Up ? National Guard Armored Vehicles Staged | The Gateway Pundit

That's really sad. And there are some that will see this action as a over reaction. I see it as barely enough. I will predict that there will be another loss of life. It will be a mini war zone. It's hard to say if it will be on the LEO/Guard side or civilian/thug side. I am for allowing protest. But not looting and pillaging. I wish the best of luck to the people in that area. If you have some place else to go I would leave for a while. Best of luck to you!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Heard a blurb on some liberal TV news deal, where a pseudo academic said WE need to talk to each other, about Ferguson.

No need for US to talk.

THEY need to talk to each other, and tell the damn truth.

Some folks are stupid, so there may be protests in error. That's fine. Protest away.

Violence is not protesting. Those who choose to act like terrorists, should be shot like terrorists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom