• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    At least these editors at this newspaper had the balls to actually come out and say what they really want to see happen. Of course they fail to see the almost inevitable consequences of such a policy. Many gun owners would ignore it and load their guns, instead. Politicians and police would finally be forced to pick a side if something like this were to come about in this country.

What N.J. really needs is mandatory gun buybacks: Editorial | NJ.com

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yeah, it's the end game, compromise today to seem reasonable...baby steps towards total confiscation. It's what the Ausi's are seeing now, they were limited to single shots, now they are coming for those too. They will not be satisfied until we are unarmed and must submit.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    And I love the complete lack of reporting on current violent crime in Australia. I have a friend that was a cop in Melborne during and after confiscation. He was for 15 years. Now he lives in Ohio and is quite the collector. And he says never again!

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    True progress requires the death of beliefs, history, and then you. They should remember that true believers are always killed, no matter what side they're on...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, it's the end game, compromise today to seem reasonable...baby steps towards total confiscation. It's what the Ausi's are seeing now, they were limited to single shots, now they are coming for those too. They will not be satisfied until we are unarmed and must submit.

And thanks to the recent ISIS threats, There is a LOT of soul searching by the aussies... "was giving up our guns REALLY such a good idea?"

Day late and a dollar short, barn door, horses out, etc.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I think Senator Diane Feinstein's interview crying about not having enough votes to confiscate firearms from every Mr. and Mrs. American turn them all in speaks volumes. This is their wish, anything in between is either an attempt at another step, or a tool to use when it happens. Registration leads to confiscation, always has, always will. Her interview we should all never forget.

Dianne Feinstein "Mr & Mrs America turn them all in" - YouTube

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That editorial is a load of crap.

They quote Australia's supposed murder rate drop of 59% after their gun ban. But the fact of the matter is that since 1991 (peak US murder rate), we've seen a 52% drop in the murder rate... WITHOUT BANNING GUNS. In fact, we've had a massive increase in the amount of firearms in the hands of civilians.

So, they are just spewing pure statist nonsense.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wonder what would happen in the U.S. if we did have a public beheading. Not that I would wish that on anyone, mind you. How would the media cover that. Would the ability to defend ones self even come up?

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    ok, when they can assure me that to a man, every man in the hood has turned in his guns - I'll consider turning in mine...

Nahhhhhhhh!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It would also require every government being disarmed, every other human being nice, all the animals teeth being removed...we developed these tools for a reason and need to keep them in our tool box against the day we need to use them.

sleepey7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    indianapolis
    I don't understand why they're thinking that just because people turn their guns in in Australia means that they're not looking for other ways to kill themselves

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why is it these republican reporters at the NJ.com and other media outlets
    are always spouting off about the need to confiscate all guns, more gun laws, etc.?
    Damn right wingers.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Several of the commentors in that article say it's just written as click-bait to prop up the failing paper. The article is so unusually worthless that I can't help but give that idea credence. NRA linked it on Facebook yesterday, and I'm sure forums like ours around the country are doing the same.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Something like 90% of all firearms deaths in the US are gangs shooting other gang members. In a way this explains why places like Chicago, who has a high gang population, can't solve their murder rates even with some of the toughest gun laws. These gangs ignore the gun control laws just as much as they ignore all other laws.

When you take out the gang members killing other gang members (which lets be honest, is this really all that bad?) in the USA the real issue becomes hammers. We must enact stronger hammer control laws.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Feinstein has a CCW and carries a concealed weapon. She is part of the elite that may do as they wish. Kind of like a moderator on a blog. Rules are set up for other people. when will we learn?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Feinstein has a CCW and carries a concealed weapon. She is part of the elite that may do as they wish. Kind of like a moderator on a blog. Rules are set up for other people. when will we learn?

She has admitted to it in the past on record, but I doubt she currently carries a firearm as she has plenty of bodyguards to take care of her situational awareness and safety. It wouldn't be worth the publicity if she was caught carrying. Can you imagine...

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    They quote Australia's supposed murder rate drop of 59% after their gun ban. But the fact of the matter is that since 1991 (peak US murder rate), we've seen a 52% drop in the murder rate... WITHOUT BANNING GUNS.

Have a read of "Freakonomics". The authors speculate that the drop in crime could very well be attributed to the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision. Abortion becomes legal and 18 years later we see a drop in crime. All those would-be criminals had been aborted!

Top Bottom