• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is how it is done, they run the money through non-profits, do the dirty work, blame it on the anonymous foot soldiers, and disappear. ACORN anybody?

“The company does not appear to have a website, but Open Secrets, a non-partisan research group that tracks money in U.S. politics, provides data showing that GBI Strategies has been paid millions of dollars in the 2020 election cycle by Democratic and far-left groups. These groups include the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee ($2,117,605); DNC Services Corp. ($1,031,856); Black PAC($484,264); and the Biden for President Campaign, who paid GBI Strategies $450,000.”

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hopefully this will help stop some election shenanigans.

If the match occurs on the Social Security Death Index, the voter is immediately removed.

I'm glad they're trying to clean up the rolls. I've thought that it would be simple to search SS administration's DMF for matches in the voter rolls to identify people who should probably be removed. I say probably because a match against the DMF should be the starting point, not automatic removal. People do end up on the death index by mistake.

I know someone who had a hell of a time convincing the social security administration that he's alive. SSA says 1000 people per month end up on the DMF by mistake. It's not a huge number, and I really don't want to take the time to figure out how many Alabama voters would be affected. It's not zero. It would suck to head to the polls to vote just to find out your voter registration was removed because they think you're dead.

So yeah. Use of the DMF to identify registered voters who are probably dead is a good idea, but do the leg work to make sure they are dead before you remove them. Unless they're registered Democrats.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    So yeah. Use of the DMF to identify registered voters who are probably dead is a good idea, but do the leg work to make sure they are dead before you remove them. Unless they're registered Democrats.
    As I see it, most registered democrats are already brain dead. Their bodies just don't know it yet!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If the match occurs on the Social Security Death Index, the voter is immediately removed.

I'm glad they're trying to clean up the rolls. I've thought that it would be simple to search SS administration's DMF for matches in the voter rolls to identify people who should probably be removed. I say probably because a match against the DMF should be the starting point, not automatic removal. People do end up on the death index by mistake.

I know someone who had a hell of a time convincing the social security administration that he's alive. SSA says 1000 people per month end up on the DMF by mistake. It's not a huge number, and I really don't want to take the time to figure out how many Alabama voters would be affected. It's not zero. It would suck to head to the polls to vote just to find out your voter registration was removed because they think you're dead.

I disagree

People added to the SS DMF by mistake are analogous to the '80 year old black grandmothers who don't drive'. There aren't enough of them to make complicating the process worthwhile. Remove a match automatically and send a post card stating that was done to the voters address of record. Then it is up to them to sort out the problem not automatically up to the state

And automatic voter registration with drivers license issue/renewal needs to be strangled in its crib

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree

People added to the SS DMF by mistake are analogous to the '80 year old black grandmothers who don't drive'. There aren't enough of them to make complicating the process worthwhile. Remove a match automatically and send a post card stating that was done to the voters address of record. Then it is up to them to sort out the problem not automatically up to the state

And automatic voter registration with drivers license issue/renewal needs to be strangled in its crib

Yeah, we're not gonna agree on automatically removing registered voters. I'll agree with you on motor-voter to a point though.

It shouldn't be automatic. With that I agree. You should have to take steps to register to vote. It shouldn't be hard, so I don't mind if they register people to vote at the BMV. You're there with all your proof of identity anyway. But it also shouldn't be automatic.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    She's a moron for bragging, and Amir and his ilk are morons for trying to make political hay out of the banal.

I believe Yee had to publicly announce this (transfer of authority), per state law. Either her, or Gov's office, or both needed to. Not sure.
    But kudos to Yee for getting a good dig in on Hobbs in the statement.
    As for the rest...completely agree, much ado about nothing. This happens all the time when an executive is indisposed by travel, or a medical procedure, and a subordinate must stand in.

I think what piqued curiosity is that Yee is the Treasurer, not the normal Lt. Gov, Secretary of State, etc, that steps in, and the fact that she's in the opposition party.
    Both officials who outrank Yee were likewise indisposed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I believe Yee had to publicly announce this (transfer of authority), per state law. Either her, or Gov's office, or both needed to. Not sure.
    But kudos to Yee for getting a good dig in on Hobbs in the statement.
    As for the rest...completely agree, much ado about nothing. This happens all the time when an executive is indisposed by travel, or a medical procedure, and a subordinate must stand in.

I think what piqued curiosity is that Yee is the Treasurer, not the normal Lt. Gov, Secretary of State, etc, that steps in, and the fact that she's in the opposition party.
    Both officials who outrank Yee were likewise indisposed.

The President visited.
    And the top 3 Dems mysteriously had to be elsewhere for the day?

Maybe cause they didn't want to be seen with the Pres, but didn't want to NOT be seen with the Pres.
    "Sorry. We couldn't be there. We were out of town."

Top Bottom