• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    C'mon. It wasn't that the whole country. More people voted for DJT than any other president in history before that point. It's just that Biden got more, and in the key states that mattered. A large reason Biden got more is that big tech and Lincoln Project Republicans, and the media and all the establishment powers that be stuck their thumbs on the scales.

They changed election rules to favor democrats. Hell, the media bias alone gives Democrats a large advantage. Then throw in the rest of the cabal? Does democracy really look like a cabal working to disenfranchise half the country?
    Don't forget the Hunter Biden laptop story. Had it been reported as news, instead of squashed and made into a Russian disinformation campaign, it's likely DJT would still be president. Voting irregularities notwithstanding.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Wanna bring back the poll tax or literacy requirements?

As someone who loves voting early - f*** that.

How could that ever be abused?

Yeah, I can just see the Gateway Pundit headline, "Millions of votes thrown in the trash because election officials claim they didn't count them in time."
    Voting should not be any easier than owning guns legally. I’ll let you decide the requirements to own a gun and we can apply those to voting.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Sure. Many systems are like that. that's how it is where I voted. You make your choices. Print them out. Verify the paper ballot. Have the poll workers sign it. And then I put the ballot through the counter, and got confirmation from the machine that it counted it. No problems. But the people advocating paper ballots weren't talking using paper for that really. I took it that they want paper all the way through. No tech.

In Maricopa county the counting machines were the problem. The paper ballots can still be counted manually because the ballots are human readable as well as machine readable. Or, they could repair the machines or bring in new ones and run all the ballots through again.

But that's the problem. After the voter leaves, the integrity of the poll workers is put to the test. Are they activists? Don't know. Will they put the republican ballots through the counter? Don't know. Human error and malicious poll workers is why we want to use leverage tech to do things like counting. But then the people who make the tech and use it have to be trusted too.

I think the best system would be one that is as transparent as possible where people who might be activists can't corrupt it. And that system is made of unobtainium. So maybe open source software and open schematics of hardware could get us closer.
    Other than the counter on the machine increasing by 1 number, what proof do you have that your vote was tabulated and actually counted in the vote total?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    This. You dont get to vote unless you actually have skin in the game.

Imagine this. I decide to take you and your 4 buddies out for dinner. My treat. I'm thinking Outback. Suddenly you and your friends tell me "Sorry, we took a vote. Outback isnt what we want. We want St Elmos. And since it's 4 to 1, we win. You MUST feed us St Elmo's steaks. " That's what today's elections are getting us.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

And yes, I understand this is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. But the dems keep pulling the lever for free money.
    We could fix that by denying the vote to anyone receiving government entitlement benefits.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Does that include Social Security?
    Well that's a little sticky, because it's a program where the government essentially promised to "invest" your money as part of an "insurance" program. Id prefer that social security did not exist, but there are generations of people who are now "invested" and wholly dependent on those promises. Those recipients can't just start taking care of themselves again as able bodied recipients of other entitlements can. It's a long way of saying yes, but with caveats: we need to move to a framework where the government can "guarantee" an income in old age but you loose your right to vote. However this has to happen over decades, as just dropping it on younger boomers, current retirees, or even younger folks currently expecting to claim SS without those conditions would be entirely unfair.

For things like welfare, medicaid, etc. those should happen over a much shorter time span: definitely less than a decade. Two years should be sufficient, and would line up well with election cycles.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Nah. Let's go fully in that direction then. You don't think a person who is on welfare doesn't have skin in the game for who is the leader? If it's about skin in the game, maybe only rich people should vote because they make the lion's share of wealth, and consume the most government. I think the only valid case for restricting voting to classes of people might be some kind of knowledge test. If all you know is that some lady with blue hair knocked on your door and asked you to sign a ballot after she filled it out, telling you that if you signed it, you'd get more money from the government, maybe you shouldn't get to vote.
    A test would be good, questions like,

What are the three branches of the Federal Government.

What does each branch do.

Whats the address of the White House.

Point on the map where Washington DC is.

Name your states Governor.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Does that include Social Security?
    Why should it - people pay in to Social Security their whole life. Nobody pays anything for the other welfare programs.

Get rid of the Social Security payments and pay people back that are fairly new in the program, say less than 10 years, and let the rest stay in the program until they are all gone.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Why should it - people pay in to Social Security their whole life. Nobody pays anything for the other welfare programs.

Get rid of the Social Security payments and pay people back that are fairly new in the program, say less than 10 years, and let the rest stay in the program until they are all gone.
    Well the problem is that's not a workable solution. The government can run ponzi schemes, you cannot. The money you're putting in is already gone; it's being used to pay someone currently receiving benefits. Your money won't be there when you need to get paid, some other poor sap dutifully paying his taxes will be funding your payments. Its a difficult problem to fix when it was purposefully set up to blow everything up for retirees if someone tries.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe for a lot of the problems in Maricopa Co they were using paper. Well partially anyway. I think the machines they were using you enter your choices, it prints out a paper ballot with your selections, which you then check and if correct, put it in the tabulator.
    The problem here is even I could easily program that printer to show YOU how you think you voted but show the tabulator something completely opposite

Any vulnerability in electronic processing, and there are many, has become to great to be borne

Elsewhere I've suggested something analagous to SETI@home might be possible, where volunteer computing power could be used not only to tabulate raw voting patterns but some sort of crosschecks of various voter rolls and addresses or other ID could easily be done of claimed voter against votes while maintaining anonymity. There are still vulnerabilities to feeds corrupted by the source but it would stop such things as running ballots through multiple tabulator passes or accepting ballots with unverifiable ID, and the amount of computing power that could be brought to bear would be prodigious

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well the problem is that's not a workable solution. The government can run ponzi schemes, you cannot. The money you're putting in is already gone; it's being used to pay someone currently receiving benefits. Your money won't be there when you need to get paid, some other poor sap dutifully paying his taxes will be funding your payments. Its a difficult problem to fix when it was purposefully set up to blow everything up for retirees if someone tries.
    No problem - instead of sending big gobs of money to Iran, Ukraine, United Nations and other foreign POS places they could use that money.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And TPTB will allow no court case to proceed that they can possibly block and then claim 'there is no evidence of fraud', which will be true because they will not look for it or allow discovery by any non-aligned plaintiff

BTDT

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I think the mail in ballots are a distraction.
    The real steal is in the machines. Sure the mail in ballots are a problem. And are used to add votes. The real cheat happens with the machines. Fractional voting or just hack in and switch votes. It’s been proven.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think the mail in ballots are a distraction.
    The real steal is in the machines. Sure the mail in ballots are a problem. And are used to add votes. The real cheat happens with the machines. Fractional voting or just hack in and switch votes. It’s been proven.

And none of it matters without the will to do something about it.

Top Bottom