The DOJ took Cody Wilson's "DEFCAD" 3D-print gun site down. Cody sued, and won.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Strict liability puts the onous to know what and who you are doing on the adult. I’m fine with that.

I understand that people will differ on this.

Michigan acts like fornication is legally malum in se, when current SCOTUS caselaw doesn't even allow it to be malum prohibitum. I do not see how it can be legal to criminalize it absent a mens rea.

Before we take people's life/liberty/property, IMO it should actually have to be proven that they meant to do something which is actually against the law.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Delightfully hoppy with hints of smoked grapefruit?

giphy.gif

There was NOTHING delightful about it. Besides the waste of beer, it hurt.:(

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Michigan acts like fornication is legally malum in se, when current SCOTUS caselaw doesn't even allow it to be malum prohibitum. I do not see how it can be legal to criminalize it absent a mens rea.

How about again in English for us public school kids?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    How about again in English for us public school kids?
    In the English system of law, there are relatively few crimes which do not require proof of a knowing or intentional or reckless intent. They are called strict liability crimes. To be convicted of them, your intent isn't an element of the crime. They are only allowed in minor civil offenses like traffic infractions or in what are called malum in se offenses. These are crimes where the act itself is so wrong everyone knows it, it's not just wrong because it is prohibited. An example would be forcible rape. Everyone is supposed to know that holding someone down and having sex with them against their will is wrong.

Michigan justifies criminal penalties for fornicating with lying underagers who have committed a fraud about their age under the theory that such acts of fornication are malum in se. I find that immensely hypocritical because the state of Michigan spends millions of dollars teaching/encouraging/aiding it's high school children in engaging in all sorts of acts of fornication.

Plus, under the current supreme court case law, you can't criminalize simple fornication. You probably could up until the 1960s or so, but not now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ask Subway Jared. We are all into what we're into. I don't think there's anyway to change it. That's why I favor the death penalty for pedophiles. I don't think they could change if they wanted to.:dunno:

dummies... younger females are just TOO MUCH DRAMA/TROUBLE/ISSUES.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I went out with a 15yr old when I was 25.
    I thought she was at least 19 or 20. I had no idea. No really. Freaked me out when I found out how old she was.

Thing is, her aunt set us up and knew how old we both were. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Strict liability puts the onous to know what and who you are doing on the adult. I’m fine with that.

I understand that people will differ on this.

So you should check ID for a girl you meet in a bar and take home? What if they have a fake ID?

Yes I know someone that happened to, although he didn't check her ID he did see the bartender check it when she came in. They ended up talking and hitting it off. She went back to his house and spent the weekend. She had left to go to the store to buy some cigarettes and there was a knock on the door. He answers it and there is a older woman standing there. He asks can I help you, she asks is my daughter X here, him she just went out, her when she gets back could you send her home please she's 13... Turns out it was a somewhat normal thing for her.

I thought she was at least 19 or 20. I had no idea. No really. Freaked me out when I found out how old she was.

Thing is, he aunt set us up and knew how old we both were. :rolleyes:

See above, that guy freaked. Her mom calmed him down a bit telling him don't worry, she does this all the time, I've got no problem with you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Plus, under the current supreme court case law, you can't criminalize simple fornication. You probably could up until the 1960s or so, but not now.

So as long as we only do it missionary style, Its OK, regardless of other circumstances?

:laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Thing is, his aunt set us up and knew how old we both were. :rolleyes:

not judging.... but I think your last sentence needs to corrected.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Being lied to by a woman regarding her age on the cusp of "statutory rape" a common thing?

It is neither common nor super uncommon in my experience for girls younger than the age of consent to be sexually aggressive, including lying about their age.

There are a whole bunch of factors that play into this, including the number of young girls who have been sexually abused, the way our society grooms them to be sexual at a younger age, the number of absent fathers and to a lesser extent mothers, etc.

Young girls who lack a strong male figure in their life, and those who in particular have been abused by mom’s new boyfriend, will tend seek older males’ attention in a sexual context. If age is an impediment to that attention, lying is far from unheard of.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've seen LOTS of girls lie about their age back when I was younger and into the bar scene. Also I've seen lots of girls lie about age to date older guys (not me, although if a girl lies I'm not casting blame on anyone except her). I've also seen guys who simply did not care about a girls age and I guess they could have been prosecuted, I dont really know for sure because I dont know how all that works and what ages are illegal vs how old the partner is ect.
    If I'm being honest I think this is one area of the law that is really messed up and I've heard about innocent people being thrown in jail as sexual predators because a girl lied, or levied false accusations.
    My advice and what I will teach my own son, is be VERY careful the scenes you hang out in, the people you associate with, and always card lol. These are good things to practice as an adult to because if you hang in places where trouble happens or with shady people or put yourself into situations where things can lead to other things then you've increased your odds that bad things are going to happen to you. Your freedom is nothing to chance and as a Male your automatically the dirt bag and predator in the eyes of the law. Of coarse all that being on the assumption the person doesnt want to do bad things or break the law. Some people really are predators and criminals and those are the ones that need locked up and in my opinion the court should cut off their Male unit and or hang them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do we even know if the girl at issue lied to the guy about her age?

I don't believe that: "the website is for 18 and older" answers this.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Strict liability.

TEXAS PENAL CODE CHAPTER 22 ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES

Sec. 22.011. SEXUAL ASSAULT.
    (a) A person commits an offense if:
    (1) the person intentionally or knowingly:

… [assault of adult stuff] or

(2) regardless of whether the person knows the age of the child at the time of the offense, the person intentionally or knowingly:
    (A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of a child by any means;
    (B) causes the penetration of the mouth of a child by the sexual organ of the actor;
    (C) causes the sexual organ of a child to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor;
    (D) causes the anus of a child to contact the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or
    (E) causes the mouth of a child to contact the anus or sexual organ of another person, including the actor.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) "Child" means a person younger than 17 years of age.

(d) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(2) that the conduct consisted of medical care for the child and did not include any contact between the anus or sexual organ of the child and the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of the actor or a third party.
    (e) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(2):
    (1) that the actor was the spouse of the child at the time of the offense; or
    (2) that:
    (A) the actor was not more than three years older than the victim and at the time of the offense:
    (i) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or
    (ii) was not a person who under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, had a reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this section; and
    (B) the victim:
    (i) was a child of 14 years of age or older; and
    (ii) was not a person whom the actor was prohibited from marrying or purporting to marry or with whom the actor was prohibited from living under the appearance of being married under Section 25.01.[this condition essentially says "not committing bigamy"]

(f) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree, except that an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree if the victim was a person whom the actor was prohibited from marrying or purporting to marry or with whom the actor was prohibited from living under the appearance of being married under Section 25.01.

Sec. 22.021. AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT.

a) A person commits an offense:

…[same definitions of sexual intercourse/contact]

(2) if:

(B) the victim is younger than 14 years of age, regardless of whether the person knows the age of the victim at the time of the offense;

e) An offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.

According to the article Cody Wilson faces a second degree felony, so the girl is between the ages of 14 and 16, inclusive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Taiwan?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ns-arrest-demands-pictures-of-his-upper-legs/

On Wednesday morning, a county judge signed the arrest warrant for 3D-printed gun rights activist Cody Wilson, who is accused of sexually assaulting an unnamed underage girl.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Austin Police Department told the public that Wilson still wasn't in custody. The Defense Distributed founder's last known whereabouts are Taipei, Taiwan, and he skipped his flight back to the States. Authorities believe he received a tip about the new allegations.

Maybe he just wants to make some arrangements before coming back (I would)....maybe he's looking at his options other than coming back. It's a soap opera.

Cody Wilson, 30, was placed under investigation after a counselor on Aug. 22 told police that a 16-year-old girl had said she was paid $500 to have sex with Wilson at an Austin hotel, Austin Police Commander Troy Officer said at a news conference.

Police later interviewed the girl and on Wednesday obtained a warrant for Wilson’s arrest, but by then he had caught a flight to Taiwan, Officer said.
    “We know Mr. Wilson frequently travels for business. We don’t know why he went to Taiwan,” Officer said. “But we do know before he left, he was informed by a friend of the victim that she had spoken to police and the police were investigating him for having sex with a minor.”

Taiwan does not have an extradition treaty with the United States.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/man-b...-flies-to-taiwan-amid-sex-assault-accusation/

One wonders how INGO would have treated Jared Fogle is he made guns instead of fronting a sandwich franchise. In any event, just allegations at this stage.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Taiwan?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ns-arrest-demands-pictures-of-his-upper-legs/

Maybe he just wants to make some arrangements before coming back (I would)....maybe he's looking at his options other than coming back. It's a soap opera.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/man-b...-flies-to-taiwan-amid-sex-assault-accusation/

One wonders how INGO would have treated Jared Fogle is he made guns instead of fronting a sandwich franchise. In any event, just allegations at this stage.

meh just a wanted poster but NO reward. i think ill skip. ;)
    que video of mr and mrs smith where the bounty hunter sees his phone in bed and says i dont get up unless its 1/2 a million and rolls back to sleep.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Why young (18+)? Because he wasn't looking for a relationship. She was on a sugar daddy website. This, so far, isn't a guy who set out to have sex or film underage girls. He was lied to, paid for her "time" and engaged in intimate acts (allegedly).

Top Bottom