• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks for the look into your world, even though under BS circumstances.

Talented writer with a great sense of humor. Enjoyed your comments in the sidebar.
    Thank you for your service. :patriot:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have a few comments, questions for you:

#1: On the Judge Judy thing, the initial letter makes it appear that you won't be paid anything to be on the show, that you get a free two day expense paid trip to LA, and if you win your suit, they guarantee payment. I know that at least some of these court shows actually pay both sides money, maybe their state max. If the plaintiff wins, they deduct that amount from what the defendant would have received. It sounds like that show did that to make sure the defendants still want to try and prove their case. Was there any sort of compensation, outside if you win your case, from the Judge Judy people? Considering there are numerous shows like this on TV, did you get any other offers? I'm really wondering if the owners didn't contact them first...I doubt they just happened upon your case. My suspicion is that the dog owners contacted the show, and the show offered them some sort of payment, but obviously you would have had to have agreed to go on the show. If this is true, my guess is they were really pissed off. I'm under the impression they will pay people thousands of dollars to appear on the show, and I only assume that due to the huge ratings of Judge Judy, and the fact they have people from all over the country on the show.

#2: I would seriously consider making some fliers about the incident, in an effort to embarrass, and hopefully cause for the eventual election loss, for the judge. You absolutely shouldn't have had to pay a dime, and this ruling shows just how "free" this country really is. The judge sounds like a statist, and likely punished you for not using the state to solve your problem. This is exactly why I have no desire to ever live in Marion County, and constantly consider if moving to a less populated area would be for the better.

I'm not sure if you would have done any better on Judge Judy. She herself is one who was a government employee for many years. Given the fact she grew up in NYC, I could see her making some comments about how you should have called someone with the government first. The lady on People's Court seems much more fair, where Judge Judy rulings are based solely on her opinion in cases such as these.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Regarding Judge Judy-They have teams of a-holes who scour the intardnets and the public records of small claims court cases.

However, it is possible that the other party may have contacted JJ to get our case on the show. They seem to be the type...no real jobs to speak of, lots of free time, looking for a quick something-for-nothing money-grab...

I would never have done it anyway, because it's not my style, but refusing to appear on the show and pissing the other party off was a big plus in my mind!

Not real clear on how JJ compensates, and I don't care either. There was no friggin' way I was going to go on the show.

Regarding the judge:

I dunno, man. He had all kinds of patriotic and militiaria statuettes and junk on his desk...even a few links of 50 cal and an inert anti-tank round...things which initially made me feel hopeful.

I kinda look at it like this. Everybody in this case walked away unhappy. Nobody got what they wanted. Kinda makes me think he did what he had to do.

I still believe I got rail-roaded, though.

But...I'm just a dumb truck driver with limited resources. I have a job and a family to care for, and I can't afford to "lawyer up" and take this crap to a higher court. At some point, a man has to realize his limitations, cut his losses, and move on with his life.

That's why I quoted the Mellencamp song at the end of the story.

I know the American people
    Paid a high price for justice
    And I don't know why
    Nobody seems to know why

You've got to stand for something
    Or you're gonna fall for anything
    You've gotta stand right up for somethin'
    Or you're gonna fall....for anything

It is a conundrum, isn't it?

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    BTW...I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but the house right next door to me is up for sale! :): for real

If anybody is looking for a nice little ranch home in Beech Grove, hit me up on PM for details.

Won't you be my neighbor? :draw:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Alrighty then. Here it is by popular demand. Pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee or crack open a beer.

Hopefully, y'all can learn something.

I know I did.

Walter Zoomie's World: Self Defense For Real: The Entire Story of How I Prevented Two Vicious Rottweilers From Chewing My Arse Up, and the Fecal-Storm That Followed

Holy cow. As you already know, you did a good job handling the situation and have no reason to second-guess anything about it. Moreover, your report was well-written! A great read. You have been duly repped.

I will note, however, that I passed along your story as an example to my friends that, even if you are completely in the right and are completely honest with the police, things you say can be used against you in a court of law—so keep your mouth shut!

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    First of all, Semper Fi and well done. This story just irritates me to no end as I too have to deal with loose, aggressive dogs in our neighborhood while I make my daily walks. Large aggressive dogs are totally unacceptable in any public setting, but especially where children and the elderly roam. I have had no less than 4 incidents over the past year, of which I've not been required to use deadly force, but it's been close. I did deploy pepper spray once and was thankful that I didn't have to be injected into our legal system for defending myself. The laws are clearly written regarding these matters and in an upside down world, you have to be attacked by a frothing mongrel before there is clear and present danger acknowledged by 3rd party sleuths.

I digress.........

I will just quote you and commend you on your perspective.

At some point, a man has to realize his limitations, cut his losses, and move on with his life.

Indeed Mr. Zoomie, Indeed.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Uh Oh....

My super secret spy technology is indicating that this story at my blog site is getting some OTHER attention! :shady:

Must be Obama's thugs checkin' me out. I bet I made their list. :scared:

govtspies.jpg

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Your story is a just another reminder of why I live in the country. If I were you, I would keep a video camera handy, and an audio recording device on me at all times. Just in case your neighbor decides to threaten you, or if you happen to witness any illegal activity on his property. Or... you could always write up a nice ad for the "Casual Encounters " section of Craigslist , with his phone number for the contact info. Just for $@!#'s and giggles.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They're using Internet Exploder??!! Bwuahahaha!!

IE 7 at that and XP. Nice to know the government is staying up with the times ;) That's not uncommon for business, but you would think that the department of state could get things updated to Windows 7 and at least IE 8.

Top Bottom