Not open for further replies.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So here is the latest from “Ol Joe”!

Its getting to the point of not being funny anymore!

What If President Obama had be killed? WTF is wrong with this guy?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-poses-hypothetical-assassination-obama-n1046006

Joe really said this “If your concerned about my age don’t vote for me” WOW!
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...ote-for-him-if-theyre-concerned-about-his-age

So While In New Hampshire Biden says he is in Vermont again this dude is lost!
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/51016/watch-biden-new-hampshire-thinks-hes-vermont-ryan-saavedra

Biden is just getting worse by the day the Democrats better do something this “Creepy Joe” thing doesn’t appear to be working?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The Democrats sure provided plenty of material for Republican campaign ads with that climate change town hall. Here is a 2-minute excerpt:

[video=youtube;1gHAnxALOCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gHAnxALOCQ[/video]

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    The Democrats sure provided plenty of material for Republican campaign ads with that climate change town hall. Here is a 2-minute excerpt:]

WOW! This is basically a Year Zero philosophy as imposed by the Khmer Rouge; drastic de-industrialization policies to create a new society from the ground up. Limited electricity (no coal, no nuclear), no internal combustion engines, no commercial agriculture, etc.
    Year Zero policy killed off about 25% of the Cambodian population... which is great for the health of Mother Earth I guess.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kamala Harris apparently released a criminal justice "reform" package that includes an end to bail.

Wait.

That doesn't make sense, unless you want people to stay in jail awaiting trial longer. Or push more speedy trials. That would cause a serious amount of indigestion, or a hiring boom for judges, prosecutors and public defenders.

Or, it will result in literally a turnstile type of jail situation, in which people are arrested and immediately released on their own recognizance.

I couldn't even skim the rest of her ideas - that one is just SO bad.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kamala Harris apparently released a criminal justice "reform" package that includes an end to bail.

Wait.

That doesn't make sense, unless you want people to stay in jail awaiting trial longer. Or push more speedy trials. That would cause a serious amount of indigestion, or a hiring boom for judges, prosecutors and public defenders.

Or, it will result in literally a turnstile type of jail situation, in which people are arrested and immediately released on their own recognizance.

Kamala Harris is an idiot on this issue.

The private bail industry serves two (2) critical needs of the criminal Justice system.

#1 - It provides a much higher appearance rate for defendants than the government does. The appearance rate of bail through a bail-bondsman is around 95%, according to some numbers I heard long ago. The government only has about a 70% appearance rate. This means that when private bail is utilized the workers in the criminal justice system can get more work done because the problem child is actually there to work with.

#2- It provides for the appearance of defendants FOR FREE, to the public I mean. No taxpayer dollars fund this industry. It gets alleged criminals off the streets and does so at no cost to taxpayers.

The system can already address the progressive issue of the poor being denied a service by allowing for own recognizance on first time, non-violent offenders. These pose minimal risk to society and allow for the smooth operation of the system.

Note that in my opinion the system is broken. If we really wanted it to work well we would hire 1,000 judges along with all supporting staff per state! That is 1,000 for criminal and 1,000 for civil! Any excess for the states could go to specific federal jurisdictions such as immigration judges, tax judges, and other areas of specialty of which I am ignorant.

When defendants have to wait years for a real trial, or civil litigants have to wait years to go to trial it's simple, "It's dead Jim."

Regards,

Doug

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Wait.

I haven't researched this a great deal, but the impression I get is that they want to run a "Moneyball" version of pretrial detention where analytics tell you who will appear and who will not- you detain those who won't voluntarily and release those who, according to the metrics (time in area, family connection, employment, seriousness of charge, criminal history, etc.) will show.

Whether that could work or not, bail/lengthy pretrial detention being used to coerce plea deals...which it is....is wrong. Something needs to change.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Wait.

KInda like illegals crossing the border.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    President Trump has gotten involved in the debate tonight, offering a succinct commentary via a banner flying over Houston. (picture below appears to be edited, but the banner is accurate)

HK9bHtd.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom