• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It may be tax cut, but the messaging hasn't led a good bit of the public to view it that way. People got more money back in their paychecks, but less of a tax return. Sure their net money in their pocket was more, but it didn't feel that way to a lot of people. So I doubt everyone who hears about Biden wanting to end the Trump tax cuts see it as raising their taxes. Such is the world when the voting public doesn't really pay attention to details.

So morons who don't understand basic logic or math will vote Democrat?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK...
    So depending on how you vote we are now down to ... you are literally hitler or you're a complete dumbass.

Is that what I'm reading here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK...
    So depending on how you vote we are now down to ... you are literally hitler or you're a complete dumbass.

Is that what I'm reading here?

It doesn't apply to everybody, but it sure does apply to a WHOLE lot of people from both tribes. It's why we have been getting progressively worst elected officials since our founding, with only a few bright spots.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Joe Sestak joins the ranks.

This guy?? :nailbite:

36683163150_d3bc5149f6_b.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I didn't understand why tuition went up so much when other prices were stable or declining. When the taxpayers start footing the bill expect the price to rise to the moon. College towns will be like smaller versions of dc with so much money floating around

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't understand why tuition went up so much when other prices were stable or declining. When the taxpayers start footing the bill expect the price to rise to the moon. College towns will be like smaller versions of dc with so much money floating around

Supply and demand? :dunno:

The perceived value of a college education has skyrocketed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Supply and demand? :dunno:

The perceived value of a college education has skyrocketed.

For STEM based education maybe. I fail to perceive any value in almost any degree that ends in "Studies". The job market supports my view I think, which is why these people with ________ Studies degrees can't figure out why they're having a hard time paying off their student loans.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For STEM based education maybe. I fail to perceive any value in almost any degree that ends in "Studies". The job market supports my view I think, which is why these people with ________ Studies degrees can't figure out why they're having a hard time paying off their student loans.

Dude, I said perceived value, not actual value. The push from HS staff has been "go to college or be a loser". We all no that to be false, but some bone-headed educators have done much to increase the perceived value, without considering the actual value, to the detriment of the children they shove into college education with college price tags.

And I think medical education, lawyerin' and some others have value. But when art started to squeeze in to become STEAM, nope, no way, it's STEM, GTFO art.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No matter what the degree, the completion of a 4 year bachelor's program shows a level of concentration and commitment. Lots of folks "attended" college. A subset of those finish.

Much like a PhD program. The attrition rate is over 50% in the aggregate. Up to 90% at some of the more prestigious schools.

By the way, some of those "art" degrees are in music. Anyone who believes a music program is a walk in the park is not thinking it through.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom