• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I wonder who's backing senator Warren other than her locals?
    Who knows. Maybe she needs to start eating dirt and riding a skateboard while she shouts “I’m proud of you ****ing guys!” at a rally.

(That’s if she can even muster enough for a decent rally)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's amazing that a current US Senator doesn't know how Senate rules are made. So I suppose she's going to write an executive order? :dunno: I mean if Trump can make machine guns out of a plastic assessory with a memo, why can't Warren change Senate rules with an EO?
    She is just banking on the fact that most voters in this country have no clue how it works. Have they done a recent survey asking people who the leaders are? I know in the past most people couldn't name most of them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hold up, is Joe running on an anti-SJW campaign?

Jokes on stage about having permission to hug someone

Says "I hate the way things have changed in the last 10-15 years."

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Hold up, is Joe running on an anti-SJW campaign?

Jokes on stage about having permission to hug someone

Says "I hate the way things have changed in the last 10-15 years."

This is no joke. He has been a major supporter of the #MeToo/male bashing environment that he is now dealing with. The country is worse off due to his actions. People's lives have been ruined. Joe deserves everything he is getting now and 100x more.

From the WSJ. In 2011, Biden said:
    No matter what a girl does, no matter how she’s dressed, no matter how much she’s had to drink—it’s never, never, never, never, never OK to touch her without her consent.

also...
    One of Mr. Biden’s signature issues during the Obama administration was fighting an alleged epidemic of sexual assault on college campuses. He promoted the debunked claim that 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted as undergraduates.
    The Obama administration issued guidelines to campuses in 2011 to combat the alleged crisis. Mr. Biden headlined the announcement. The guidance traduced due-process rights for students accused of sexual assault and threatened colleges and universities with federal investigations and potential funding reductions if they did not find more accused students and professors guilty.
    When accused himself, Mr. Biden naturally fell back on all the arguments that are often dismissed when made by college men. He said it was never his “intention” to make women uncomfortable. He also acknowledged that “social norms have begun to change” without acknowledging that he helped lead the change—and hasn’t lived up to the standards he sought to impose on others.
    Biden helped to establish the kangaroo courts that eliminated due process rights for accused students while protecting accusers from any discovery or consequences for false reporting. Possibly not being elected president seems like like a vast under-punishment for the injustice he has inflicted on others.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oc...-calls-for-us-to-pursue-agenda-of-reparations

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Both parties have called for eliminating the Filibuster.
    Usually when they are the majority party.
    Then, when they are the minority party, they are suddenly against it.

Both parties.

It's almost as if they think they will always maintain the majority.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    First make them vote on this RIGHT NOW, like the green new deal.

Second, what does he call the 300,000 plus Union dead in the civil war? I think that covers reparations quite well.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's going on? CNN actually fact checking unsubstantiated claims by Dem candidates AND reporting their false? Crazy times.
    Gillibrand says NRA is mostly funded by the gun manufacturers and CNN says she's wrong.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics/fact-check-kirsten-gillibrand-nra/index.html

I'm actually shocked that they'd be that honest.

Incidentally, the argument I've been using against the "NRA buys off legislators" rabid anti-gun zealots, is a proportionality of what candidates receive from the NRA compared with the total received. It's a drop in the bucket. Since the CNN article mentions Rubio, that's a very good example. Rubio has taken in ~$28M in the past 5 years, so that's an average of ~$5.6M/year. The NRA has donated ~$5K/year to Rubio for the last couple of years. So are you really trying to tell me that the NRA's $5000 check to Rubio's campaign is going to cause him endure the fierce nastiness of the media and other legislators? Is having to endure the claims that the blood of innocent children on his hands really worth a lousy 5 grand? The NRA isn't even on the list of the top 20 contributors.

The NRA's power is the gun owners. That's something that anti-gun zealots do not want to admit. They seem to want to make it into a single monster they can slay. But, the NRA, for all it's legitimate faults, isn't that powerful of itself. It does consolidate the power of individual gun owners, in that it is influential with its members. It's also influential with non-member gun owners in other ways. If I were to point the one thing that the NRA does to influence elections, it would be the rating system. Generally, in pro-gun states, all else equal, an F-rating candidate would almost always lose to an A-rating candidate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom