Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Experience and Age charts, courtesy of Dan McLaughlin on Twitter.

D3Qz7IbXsAAZ5gd.jpg:large

D3Qz8meW4AM2QOG.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would agree that bringing it up now smacks of politics since Biden still hasn’t even made it official that he’s running.

I still think it’s s shot over the bow to make him reconsider.

Wonder if this issue would have still come to the forefront if Biden wasn’t seen as a front runner?

I think it's more than a shot over the bow. I think it's designed to sink his campaign before it gets started. GPIA said he thought it was a Bernie ploy. Yeah, kinda. But it's more widespread than that. Whatsherface who #metoo'd him is a Beto gal. I kinda think it's coordinated by one of the progressive .orgs.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    More shaky-voiced, "traumatized" women join the chorus of accusers against Biden... so he put out an "apology", saying societal norms have changed, and he'll try to respect people's personal space.

No scandal. No ill-intent. Just a hit job that probably hurt him politically. If needed, it'll be ready to whip out as a #MeToo situation, while it definitely was not.

It's like shaming your grandmother for saying naughty words once in a while.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    BTW. I don't think Biden is the de facto front runner. I think that's Bernie.
    Polls say differently right now
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e..._democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html
    Polling Data

PollDateBidenSandersHarrisO'RourkeWarrenBookerButtigiegKlobucharYangCastroHickenlooperGillibrandInsleeSpread
    RCP Average3/14 - 3/3128.821.89.89.25.73.22.31.71.01.00.70.70.7Biden +7.0
    Morning Consult3/25 - 3/313325887432--1111Biden +8
    Harvard-Harris3/25 - 3/262618115532121000Biden +8
    Quinnipiac3/21 - 3/252919812424201100Biden +10
    FOX News3/17 - 3/20312388441111021Biden +8
    Emerson3/17 - 3/1826261211833111101Tie
    CNN3/14 - 3/17282012116313--1111Biden +8

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    More shaky-voiced, "traumatized" women join the chorus of accusers against Biden... so he put out an "apology", saying societal norms have changed, and he'll try to respect people's personal space.

No scandal. No ill-intent. Just a hit job that probably hurt him politically. If needed, it'll be ready to whip out as a #MeToo situation, while it definitely was not.

I thought Hitlary/ServerGate taught us if you didn't intend to transgress, why you deserve to get off scott-free

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

If grandma yells at people for cursing, but then does it herself.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If grandma yells at people for cursing, but then does it herself.

Don't know if that applies here.

Assuming you're referring to Joe saying Kavanaugh's accusers should "be given the benefit of the doubt."

Kavanaugh's accusers were accusing him of actually bad and potentially not legal things.

Biden's accusers are accusing him of making them feel "uncomfortable". From what we've seen, Biden has done nothing bad or potentially illegal. Obviously Kavanaugh didn't either.

Edit: Unrelated

UH OH HE SAID WORDS

D3URqTVXsAEXYRg.jpg:small

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

UH OH HE SAID WORDS

This is starting to feel like a dark reflection of a good old fashioned Libertarian purity dance-off

Something something remember history something repeat it

My early feeling is that the machine likes Biden and the young guns like Harris, and both of them have the knives out for Bernie. Bernie seems most like their Ralph Nader in this election

I hope the internecine conflicts turn out to be especially bloody

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't know if that applies here.

Assuming you're referring to Joe saying Kavanaugh's accusers should "be given the benefit of the doubt."

Kavanaugh's accusers were accusing him of actually bad and potentially not legal things.

Biden's accusers are accusing him of making them feel "uncomfortable". From what we've seen, Biden has done nothing bad or potentially illegal. Obviously Kavanaugh didn't either.

UH OH HE SAID WORDS

I'm not asking for him to be arrested.
    Merely to be held to the same standard.
    Believe all accusers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is starting to feel like a dark reflection of a good old fashioned Libertarian purity dance-off

Something something remember history something repeat it

My early feeling is that the machine likes Biden and the young guns like Harris, and both of them have the knives out for Bernie. Bernie seems most like their Ralph Nader in this election

I hope the internecine conflicts turn out to be especially bloody

Yep, if they put the "most checkboxes checked" person as their candidate they will be shocked to learn that the electorate will not vote for someone that fringe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Curious that Joe's good buddy President Obama has not come out and made a vigorous defense of his friend and VP.

There's some real money behind this if it is keeping him quiet.

Always follow the money

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Elizabeth Warren announced she will run on eliminating the filibuster... allowing for much easier passing of legislation with a simple majority.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Elizabeth Warren announced she will run on eliminating the filibuster... allowing for much easier passing of legislation with a simple majority.

Well, that can't ever work against her. It's not like Republicans will ever have a majority.

Actually, I used to be against filibuster. I guess I kinda still am...unless they actually get up there and talk. But I think it's better to make the bar a little higher for some measures to pass. Major policy should have major support. So fine. Let's get rid of filibuster, because it's just a defacto 60 vote limit anyway. Stop pretending. Just make it 60 votes.

Cabinet picks, eh. Simple majority. Judicial nominees? If the Senate actually did their role of advise and consent, I think 60 votes would be appropriate. But they make things political. For example, it's gotten so political, I don't think democrats would approve of any Trump SCOTUS nominee at this point. He could nominate Merick Garland Democrats would have women coming out of the woodwork to #metoo him. Gridlock is great when it prevents either extreme from taking things too far. But the courts need filled. I'm not really sure which is better. Risking Democrats easily nominating a rabid feminist commie? Or Republicans not being able to nominate pro 2A justices. Neither situation is ideal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And how would she do that? Or does she leave that part out?

It's amazing that a current US Senator doesn't know how Senate rules are made. So I suppose she's going to write an executive order? :dunno: I mean if Trump can make machine guns out of a plastic assessory with a memo, why can't Warren change Senate rules with an EO?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom