Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I really like that Bi-tone but after today my gun fun fund will have a serious dent in it.
    I have a few in the safe that are ear marked for turning but I am waiting a bit. I think.
    I hope.
    Maybe.
    Just not to.......sure.

Well, that is a $1200 gun and it is beautiful. But I wouldn't bet that it could outshoot the Beast. So, you could invest less than half that in a milsurp and tune it how you like. Then still have enough money to have Allen cerakote it in any color combination that trips your trigger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, that is a $1200 gun and it is beautiful. But I wouldn't bet that it could outshoot the Beast. So, you could invest less than half that in a milsurp and tune it how you like. Then still have enough money to have Allen cerakote it in any color combination that trips your trigger.

I know.....I know but damn that sure is a purty gun

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just think, you could have a new gun tuned to perfection, cerakoted just how you want it. Plus, you could have a couple thousand rounds of nine and a few 16 round magazines and still not break $1200. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just trying to save you a few bucks. They are only beautiful if they shoot beautifully.

And that is the truth of this.

My plan (yes, I have one :laugh6:) is to get the 40 done, figure out and complete the 97 and see what goes from there. If I keep the 9mm I will consider a 2nd one. If the 40 stays here I am lost past that. Not sure I want a 2nd 40.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have sort of a plan. I am picking up my new to me B today. It will be upgraded but left as a DA/SA for fall/winter carry. My other B is going to get an optics upgrade. After that I think I want to get a milsurp PCR and upgrade it for carry. Then I will move on to a 97.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Well.....I just put in an order for a manual safety SP-01 in 9mm and some VZ diamondbacks. Should be here in 1-2 weeks.

Next will be upgrading it. What does the CZ group think?
    It'll be getting CGW parts in it. Do I do the flat SAO triplex or the regular DA/SA triplex? Is the SA trigger feel in the SAO any better than the SA feel of the DA/SA?
    It'll be getting the pro-package, or the parts for it. Should I ship it to CGW and have them do the work, or is someone in IN as good as CGW that can install the parts, polish, and tune it up?
    It'll be getting the CGW Dawson black rear sight and fiber optic front sight and a stainless guide rod as well.

What does the CZ crowd on INGO think?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well.....I just put in an order for a manual safety SP-01 in 9mm and some VZ diamondbacks. Should be here in 1-2 weeks.

Next will be upgrading it. What does the CZ group think?
    It'll be getting CGW parts in it. Do I do the flat SAO triplex or the regular DA/SA triplex? Is the SA trigger feel in the SAO any better than the SA feel of the DA/SA?
    It'll be getting the pro-package, or the parts for it. Should I ship it to CGW and have them do the work, or is someone in IN as good as CGW that can install the parts, polish, and tune it up?
    It'll be getting the CGW Dawson black rear sight and fiber optic front sight and a stainless guide rod as well.

What does the CZ crowd on INGO think?

There is a CZ whisperer in this thread. llh1956. He will be along shortly. I trust him. He will be in my shop tomorrow and we will be sharing knowledge. Me, 1911'....him, CZ's.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't speak for the whole crowd but I am not patient enough to wait the 6-8 weeks it takes to get one back from CGW. Plus, from what I understand, he is so backlogged that he is not taking new work. Considering that I would probably drop llh1956 a line. He has done many CZs for me and several other people as well. Nothing but happy customers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom