Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    In the last year or so I have only bought Blazer Brass. It isn't overly expensive and I have had excellent results. I tend to find a brand I like and stick with it.

I agree that BB is good stuff. Speer Lawman is of the same quality as well I've found. The Perfecta ammo seems to be good as well, from what I understand it's Fiocchi off brand or something. I'm a bit of a snob myself, but as long as I find something runs fine in my guns, I'll shoot it. I stay away from WWB and steel cased ammo though...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I agree that BB is good stuff. Speer Lawman is of the same quality as well I've found. The Perfecta ammo seems to be good as well, from what I understand it's Fiocchi off brand or something. I'm a bit of a snob myself, but as long as I find something runs fine in my guns, I'll shoot it. I stay away from WWB and steel cased ammo though...
    I've had good luck with WWB in 9mm and .40 but not in .45. I have heard that Speer Lawman is the way to go in .45 and will probably load up on that when I finally get another 97.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've had really good luck using RWS Geco .45 ammo. My understanding is that it's swiss made and all of my .45's seemed to like it real well. Good price on it also, at least from TargetSportsUSA where I tend to buy my ammo most often. Free shipping when you buy by the case :D
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It will be a while before I am in the market for .45. I need to get the 9mm inventory up quite a bit and then start looking for good .40.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It will be a while before I am in the market for .45. I need to get the 9mm inventory up quite a bit and then start looking for good .40.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on good .40 ammo, as I'm new to the caliber. It seemed to do okay with American Eagle Federal on Saturday, though I did have the one issue. Had planned to either randomly pick up a few brands to try, or just see what Walmart carries to see if it'll work fine with that brand or brands. I'm hoping the latter would pan out, as I only have one .40 and only plan to buy the occasional box to shoot.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    RustyHornet;5967587FastEddie9 said:
    Also discovered on the p09 that if I slammed the mag in, the slide would go into battery and chamber a round. Surprised me at first, then realized it could be used to my advantage. Anybody else experience this?

My M&P's will do this, but I'd recommend against using it to "your advantage". It isn't 100% reliable like racking the slide is, and when it doesn't happen when you expect it to (say, in the middle of a USPSA field course- ask me how I know...) it leads to a few seconds of confusion. In a defensive shoot, those seconds could be much more critical.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    This site almost needs a separate forum for cz, have a p7 that runs like a champ, have been considering a rami,P01, 75retro, maybe I should just get them all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom