LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Hehe, I guess you can call me cznapdragon now. LOL

I LIKE IT!

Usually my Phantom does.

Mine too. Phantom doesn't snore, either.

Okay, how about these?

IMG_0470_zpsp9x6w3qg.jpg

So, why didn't any one bring any CZs besides Birds Away?

On a side note, I finally got the new 75BD to the range tonight:koolaid:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Saturdays work better for me, but I can do the occasional Sunday.

As a feeler, what would everyone think about Saturday the 8th of August? My son is visiting from Minnesota and I bet he'd love to shoot with us. He's 19 and I took him to the range a few times last summer, so he knows the rules. If that doesn't work, what about Saturday the 1st of August, or Sunday the 2nd? He comes in on Friday July 31st and flies back to MN on Sunday the 9th. If that doesn't work, it's no big deal but I thought I'd check to see.

I just want to give my 2 cents on this. please know my thoughts and opinions come from experience.
    With this group I feel comfortable that no babysitting needs to be done. Everyone is competent and trust worthy.
    That said, Injecting a new shooter into this might not be the best idea. Hosting these events all responsibility falls on me. Until I get to know a relatively new shooter I would have to say no.
    Not saying this might end badly I just do not want to test the theory.
    The group needs to stay pretty much as it is. If we pick up a soul along the way they will need to be vetted by all of us.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Saturdays work better for me, but I can do the occasional Sunday.

As a feeler, what would everyone think about Saturday the 8th of August? My son is visiting from Minnesota and I bet he'd love to shoot with us. He's 19 and I took him to the range a few times last summer, so he knows the rules. If that doesn't work, what about Saturday the 1st of August, or Sunday the 2nd? He comes in on Friday July 31st and flies back to MN on Sunday the 9th. If that doesn't work, it's no big deal but I thought I'd check to see.
    I work as a retail sales manager and Saturdays are just almost impossible to be gone. Just blessed to have Sundays off.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I just want to give my 2 cents on this. please know my thoughts and opinions come from experience.
    With this group I feel comfortable that no babysitting needs to be done. Everyone is competent and trust worthy.
    That said, Injecting a new shooter into this might not be the best idea. Hosting these events all responsibility falls on me. Until I get to know a relatively new shooter I would have to say no.
    The group needs to stay pretty much as it is. If we pick up a soul along the way they will need to be vetted by all of us.
    That is a great idea!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is a great idea!

It is not uncommon for someone to get their kids involved and what a great experience this could be for them.

That said I have near been shot by a 20 year old that just got swept up into the occasion. Just missed my head and the round got out and away. That is something we can not have at my club.

I think a one on one with a relatively new shooter is a great way to hone the skills. Not in a group.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    There were 5 LT-6 in the group. We keep our ranks very tight.
    I totally agree, when I came up to Indy in the spring and a bunch of us shot inside had a great time but actually did not feel safe. Way to many people walking behind me with loaded guns and could tell the place was full of the weekend warriors! LOL. Small experienced group of people can have a blast, and I think thats what we had Sunday and was very enjoyable.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Understood and no problem. I agree keeping the small group of experienced shooters is a good idea. I was hoping to get him out to MCF&G sometime while he's here, so he can get a chance to shoot some steel, but I can figure something else out. I definitely want to not introduce someone new to change the group dynamics.

As I said earlier in the thread, if Sundays are the best I can usually do them with advance warning. Looking forward to the next shoot :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    While I am usually in "the more the merrier" camp, that doesn't apply to shooting. When word gets around, and it has, about how much fun we had and how cool all the guns were, there will be others who want to join in. The thing that made Sunday so much fun, other than all the cool guns, was that I didn't feel the need to be watching every second. It didn't take long to see that everyone was onboard with proper range conduct. I don't want to lose that. I'm not against others joining in. I just think it would be wise to go slow on this and figure out a way to ensure we don't lose what we have.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I have Mepros on most of mine. They are fine if you have decent eyesight. If it's a carry piece there aren't many better options.

How do you like the P07?

I like it a lot, minus the sight issue, almost traded to burnette but my wife convinced me keep it. Thanks for the recommend, I am gonna order them now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom