• Status
    Not open for further replies.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    If you are planning to use the Hogues on a 97 you will have to heat them up a bit.

Oh I don't have a 97 yet and I am not looking on Gunbroker at them either.... I am trying hard at least. BUT, I would be open to suggestions on good deals. ;) I was interested in the grips for my SP01 Shadow. It comes with the Hogue rubber grips, I think they are Hogue, which feel comfy, but squishy and I wasn't sure how stable my grip would be on them. It seems like most everyone ditches them for the thin aluminum grips, but maybe that's just a fashion thing.

I "needed" that 9mm conversion for my 650 now that I have a 9mm shadow, which I plan on shooting, a TON. It was bulk primers, bullets, and conversion kit, or a 97 and I think I'll enjoy shooting the SP-01 and learning about 9mm reloading for now.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh I don't have a 97 yet and I am not looking on Gunbroker at them either.... I am trying hard at least. BUT, I would be open to suggestions on good deals. ;) I was interested in the grips for my SP01 Shadow. It comes with the Hogue rubber grips, I think they are Hogue, which feel comfy, but squishy and I wasn't sure how stable my grip would be on them. It seems like most everyone ditches them for the thin aluminum grips, but maybe that's just a fashion thing.

I "needed" that 9mm conversion for my 650 now that I have a 9mm shadow, which I plan on shooting, a TON. It was bulk primers, bullets, and conversion kit, or a 97 and I think I'll enjoy shooting the SP-01 and learning about 9mm reloading for now.

When you get the Shadow tuned up you will have to be a little picky about primers. The extended firing pin and light springs make some hard primers unusable.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    When you get the Shadow tuned up you will have to be a little picky about primers. The extended firing pin and light springs make some hard primers unusable.
    llh told me that if I used the lightest setup I would be forced to use Federal. I have a lot of Federal AE factory, but would rather shoot reloads. I have Winchester small pistol. I read them to be middle ranged in hardness, a bit above Federal, which I could not find. I hope they will work, but if not.... I've... only got.... 5000...?!? Only.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You can use the 11.5# spring until all of the Winchester is gone. I use an 11.5# in all of my guns and I have no problem with Winchester primers. You can switch to the 8.5# later.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Now I am waiting on a call from Cajun. I want to order the parts for Bob but I only need the block lifter as she already has the extended firing pin and springs. The block lifter only comes in the kit. I don't want to pay for the whole kit. :n00b:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    llh told me that if I used the lightest setup I would be forced to use Federal. I have a lot of Federal AE factory, but would rather shoot reloads. I have Winchester small pistol. I read them to be middle ranged in hardness, a bit above Federal, which I could not find. I hope they will work, but if not.... I've... only got.... 5000...?!? Only.

With the 8.5 mainspring Federal primers are 100%. If you use the Winchester you will have an occasional FTF. You might call Plainfield Shooting Supply to see if Federal are in stock, that's where I bought my last 1000!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    With the 8.5 mainspring Federal primers are 100%. If you use the Winchester you will have an occasional FTF. You might call Plainfield Shooting Supply to see if Federal are in stock, that's where I bought my last 1000!
    They are out right now. I think you've already got the 11.5# in it though right? I mean, I expect to be through these initial primers by late fall at latest, so I could just warm up to it with the 11.5# and then switch to the 8.5 this winter? I wish I could reload based upon the powder and primers I WANTED and not what I can get!

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    They are out right now. I think you've already got the 11.5# in it though right? I mean, I expect to be through these initial primers by late fall at latest, so I could just warm up to it with the 11.5# and then switch to the 8.5 this winter? I wish I could reload based upon the powder and primers I WANTED and not what I can get!

Yep, it has the 11.3 mainspring in it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    BOBB
    B - Best
    O - Old
    B - Beater
    B - B as in 75B.

th_IMG_0440_zpsmadzq7l0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I always thought a BOB took batteries :):

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Do we know who all is coming Sunday?

I have a list.
    8 besides myself. Possibly 10 total

Hmm, we could have a CZ auction.....with a reserve of course. ;)

We may need to counsel each other.

Over cheese burgers.......if you are allowed.

What......another CZ.....what is going on inn here anyway.......:):
    BA%20and%20the%20Wizard_zpsp1lmjtyd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom