Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well BA you are my hero and a few others here too that served. We all did our duty. We kept our oath. We put others before ourselves. We all took the same risk by putting on the Uniform with a target on our backs. My service was no greater than anyone elses.
    America is the greatest country on earth and WE ALL played a part in it. Makes me proud

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well BA you are my hero and a few others here too that served. We all did our duty. We kept our oath. We put others before ourselves. We all took the same risk by putting on the Uniform with a target on our backs. My service was no greater than anyone elses.
    America is the greatest country on earth and WE ALL played a part in it. Makes me proud
    Yes, it makes me proud. I do get a little frustrated that I can't talk about it at all. Nobody in my family understands or really wants to understand, I guess. No big deal.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I totally agree...I was in the same boat as you. It’s a honor to be able to call him friend.

It's an honor to call you friend as well sir.

Now, if all the reach arounds are over, let's get on with our day. ;)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    :lmfao: I know right lol.
    Had like 6 people hoping it would sell so they didnt eventually buy it LOL.

Then I listed the ammo before bed and it sold when I woke up. Cant beat that.
    I have some as a backup but I sold a lot
    I was one of those toads. Whomever got it did me a favor. I was convinced I "needed" it.

Was watching a few ammo lots on GB and couldn't believe the bidding war. $300 for a 500 Rd case of steel .223. Man we live in strange times.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I’m glad your grandchild has made you so happy, but you need to back off. Now.

My wife made a comment in jest and this is how respond?

You don’t know me. You don’t know what my life has been like so far. You don’t know what has or hasn’t influenced the views I have regarding some subjects, like children. That is my past and I don’t have to defend it to you. As such, you have no ground to question the decisions we’ve made. We are not children. We are adults and we are more than capable of planning for our own family and our own future without your condescending input. The next time you feel this urge to express an opinion on our life decisions, it’s probably for the best to just keep it to yourself. It’s unwanted, unneeded and wholly unappreciated.

Furthermore, you’ve treated me as a child from day one. I’m not a child. I’m not your child and I have my own parents, thanks though.

I’m done.

Wasn't intended to get under your skin, youngun. And yes, occasionally I treat you like a yute when you say something that reminds me you are still an intemperate youth. But how else do you get the benefit of those who have been and done before you? It's an age old point of strain between those who are experienced and those who think they are smarter than the experience.
    I do sometimes throw things out that might be a little flippant for the subject matter. I wish you the best,
    T. I do. And the very best thing I can think of is loving a child. That post was not made to goad you, though it sounds like you took it that way. And you're right about me not understanding all you've been through. If you haven't talked to a professional about how those things affect you, it might be time. You're an intelligent fellow and your little Sure Shot wife is a lovely woman. Your children are my hope for this planet. If the intelligent among us do not reproduce, the stupid ones will breed us out of existence because they do it for recreation.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Wasn't intended to get under your skin, youngun. And yes, occasionally I treat you like a yute when you say something that reminds me you are still an intemperate youth. But how else do you get the benefit of those who have been and done before you? It's an age old point of strain between those who are experienced and those who think they are smarter than the experience.
    I do sometimes throw things out that might be a little flippant for the subject matter. I wish you the best,
    T. I do. And the very best thing I can think of is loving a child. That post was not made to goad you, though it sounds like you took it that way. And you're right about me not understanding all you've been through. If you haven't talked to a professional about how those things affect you, it might be time. You're an intelligent fellow and your little Sure Shot wife is a lovely woman. You're children are my hope for this planet. If the intelligent among us do not reproduce, the stupid ones will breed us out of existence because they do it for recreation.

+5. Well said.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    0830.....I certainly saw no malice in your post last night .....just a fond hope that T would get to experience what we have. I once told an old bachelor friend of mine (my age, and never married) that he could probably live well as a single man, but that he'd never live fully, unless he had a child. As a friend, he took that observation as it was intended.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not directed at anyone, but this is a failing with us as a species. The younger generation always think they know best, despite the guidance and wisdom of those who are our seniors. I know I myself failed to follow good advice from my parents and grandparents, thinking I knew best. Took me a while to figure out I was wrong. The best times I've gotten ahead or done the best in life is when I've slowed down and taken the wisdom of others to heart. Not saying everyone knows or understands everyone else's situation, just something I've noticed in general.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes, it makes me proud. I do get a little frustrated that I can't talk about it at all. Nobody in my family understands or really wants to understand, I guess. No big deal.
    Those of us who can't discuss it all get it though. Thats why we have a bond. I hope one day your family will realize all of the sacrifices you made BA and the better world we live in because of it.
    The planet is not perfect, but it is still green and turning. We know there are very bad evil people who would kill the earth and everyone on it in a heartbeat if they had the chance. Our job (as a whole team) was to kill them first and it took/takes all of us working together. Many things happen by a lot of smart people before a missile gets fired or a door made into a wall of their sheep orgy herum ;)
    And lots of smart people make sure missiles never get fired by the other guys.
    Ok I could go on forever. Just proud of our team and that I got to play for it for a short while. No more reach arounds :lmfao:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not directed at anyone, but this is a failing with us as a species. The younger generation always think they know best, despite the guidance and wisdom of those who are our seniors. I know I myself failed to follow good advice from my parents and grandparents, thinking I knew best. Took me a while to figure out I was wrong. The best times I've gotten ahead or done the best in life is when I've slowed down and taken the wisdom of others to heart. Not saying everyone knows or understands everyone else's situation, just something I've noticed in general.
    I try to listen to you older guys. But I've always hung around more people older than me my entire life. .maybe that made a difference for me. I like to think it has. I like to learn as much as I can. Plus, falling flat on your face hurts. The more I can learn about how to traverse obstacles in this journey called life, the better.
    I was just thinking the other day, I wish I could transfer all of the things I've learned in my short life to my son when he's asking me millions of questions about everything. I love it.
    Then I got to thinking, I AM! Every day that I spend time with him and I talk to him and teach him he is learning what I give him. I CAN help him suceed and its easy if I put in the effort. Right now he thinks I'm the greatest human that ever walked the earth :lmfao:
    He soaks it all up. I have a short window to download it all.
    One thing is for certain, age is wisdom. Learn all you can from those older and more experienced than you. Not everyone has the same goals in life or path but I guarentee you that you will learn valuable lessons from them and it will help you one day

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The big brown truck people say they will deliver my new CZ 457 At-One tomorrow. Here's hoping I can pick it up same day.

I was supposed to get two packages today and both were delayed. I’ve stopped relying on delivery dates.

Guess I won't pick it up today...

"A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible."

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    I don't think the difficulty is only listening to older people, but listening to anyone else is difficult. I guess the next time TT says that it's a good time to buy silver, gold, or platinum then I need to jump on it. And the next time CM says to buy ammo I need to start clicking! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom