Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    WTAF is so special about that one. Help me out here peoples.

"This is just a beautiful example of an extremely rare Smith and Wesson Model 52A semi-automatic pistol. These pistols were introduced in 1961 and only 87 were produced in the serial number range of 35850-35927. They were produced expressly for the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU) using an aluminum frame. It was rumored that the aluminum frames didn't hold up during long-term firing and all were rejected by the U.S. Army and never went into full production. It is estimated that only a total of 87 were ever produced and all were eventually released to the general public. This pistol is marked on the left side of the slide with "SMITH & WESSON" followed by the four line S&W address markings. The left side of the receiver is marked with the serial number over Model 52A, the right side of the receiver is marked with the typical circled S&W logo. It is fitted with a fixed front sight with a S&W adjustable rear target sight, right-handed thumb safety and a set of excellent S&W factory checkered grips. It has a blued slide and upper components with the barrel still in the white with a glossy black finish on the aluminum frame and the blued magazine is stamped "S&W" on the bottom of the base plate. It is complete with its original S&W blue cardboard box numbered to gun, one magazine, warranty card and wax paper. "

In a word, rarity. That and the fact that somebody wants it a lot worse than Bandit does.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Wife flew to CA this morning and I'm batching it this week. Sooooo, need to make this week interesting

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I would suggest we go shooting, but I won't be free until Friday unless you'd want to go tomorrow. I decided to pick up extra hours to make up for the lack of face-to-face hours since we got Labor Day off. I'll just go grumble in my corner now... :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would suggest we go shooting, but I won't be free until Friday unless you'd want to go tomorrow. I decided to pick up extra hours to make up for the lack of face-to-face hours since we got Labor Day off. I'll just go grumble in my corner now... :xmad:

Friday at the range would be great. I need to get CKW to the line for some trigger time before the FGE.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    My EDC is a DW A-2 Commander. Every day all day. The rotation has pretty much stopped. This gun is my hands friend. And it is a shooter.

SuDC1fd.jpg

PLcc0w9.jpg

I know this gun. But it did not look like this when I knew it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well the weirdest thing happened. My sock accidentally fell into some glitter and crystals, of coarse they stuck to it. Oh wow I didn't know I had a disco ball, fog machine, and strobe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well the weirdest thing happened. My sock accidentally fell into some glitter and crystals, of coarse they stuck to it. Oh wow I didn't know I had a disco ball, fog machine, and strobe.

:lmfao:

If CKW was not asleep I would tell her you guys were outing me on some non-paid tribute. She would crack up if she saw this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom