Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, anyone interested in a fully cajunized CZ 75 compact? I picked it up for a great price and it's a fantastic gun, just don't really need it. It's a very sweet shooter and feels great in the hand. Here's the info from the classified ad when it was for sale here:

9mm, came in original factory box with two 15-round magazines, cleaning brush and rod. Originally purchased new at Shoot Point Blank in Greenwood 2/24/20. Previous owner shot 262 rounds through it and never carried it. I’ve put about 250 rounds through it as well.

Previous owner had the following parts installed by Highsmith Firearms in Greenfield:

-CAJUN GUN WORKS PRO KIT-$324.50
    -CZ CUSTOM MAG STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE-$20.71
    -STAINLESS RECOIL ROD-$22.00
    -DAWSON PRECISION NIGHT SIGHT-$134.45
    -LOK BLACK THIN CHECKERED G10 GRIPS-$72.94
    -EXTRA POWER SAFETY LEVER SPRING-$4.95

With the Cajun Gunworks Pro Kit the trigger is a smooth 8.5 lbs. Double Action and 3.5 lbs. Single Action.

If interested, let me know. Otherwise, no big deal. It doesn't hurt to leave it sitting in the safe. I thought I'd see if anyone from the group wanted it instead of putting it in the classifieds.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I use the sawyer product on my gear. They also make a smaller pump for skin I use as well. Great stuff. There is a specific tote of gear used for field/woods work that's all treated. Not a one on me today.

We pulled our stands out several weeks ago so some light logging and clearing could be done. Got only 2 up today as most of the morning was Dad and I scouting and reassessment. 1 ended up in the same tree and mine was in an oak maybe 15 yards from it's previous spot. 2 more will go up. One very close to a new bedding area that was where I dropped my biggest buck to date.
    All in all a good morning with pops. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I use the sawyer product on my gear. They also make a smaller pump for skin I use as well. Great stuff. There is a specific tote of gear used for field/woods work that's all treated. Not a one on me today.

We pulled our stands out several weeks ago so some light logging and clearing could be done. Got only 2 up today as most of the morning was Dad and I scouting and reassessment. 1 ended up in the same tree and mine was in an oak maybe 15 yards from it's previous spot. 2 more will go up. One very close to a new bedding area that was where I dropped my biggest buck to date.
    All in all a good morning with pops. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

As do I ! .... can't stand those dang ticks !

I have nothing against hunting, but only pursue plant matter these days. I'm going to hunt more ginseng in the next few days .... with appropriate time for the hammock, of course ! :D

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Man-O-Man ..... I just bagged some more .308 this morning. I'm still trying to build some reserves for my one gun in that caliber (Saint Victor). Midway had some Speer Gold Dot .308 "Self Defense" rounds..... 150 grain, with nickle-plated cases. The description says that it's tailor made for "shorter barrels". PERFECT !
    I've never seen that available before.
    They had a (3) box limit .... and at $1.55 /round (delivered), that's about all that I could handle anyway. I'ma going to load up a couple of the (25) round Magpul mags with the windows, and I'll be all set, if the boogeyman comes !

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I may have to check out a Scorpion at some point. Hear a lot of good things about them. I only checked out one briefly in person at the NRA show when it was in Indy. The one I held then seemed overly heavy, but it was probably just the model I held. I was enamored with the MPX at the time, but eventually decided on and obtained a Freedom Ordnance FX-9.

That said, buying a Scorpion at the current time given ammo prices would probably clean out my stock of ammo rather quickly.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wish I could make all of my guns make a old school cash register sound when I shoot them just for the giggles :):

I already hear that in my head, with each squeeze of the trigger. Not that I paid that much for the ammo I have but backfilling it will cost. Shooting lately has been just to run a few boxes through new acquisitions or to make sure recent mods did not cause any issues. On the flip side of this, I'm always amazed when I see a classified ad for an "unfired" gun. I personally have to shoot things.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I must have had my G43 prices alittle high. No action except being offered a .40 cal glock. That's not the type of action trigger time wants :):
    So I lowered it to $400. If those cheap bastards dont want it for that during this fakedemic then I'll just hang onto it I suppose.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I already hear that in my head, with each squeeze of the trigger. Not that I paid that much for the ammo I have but backfilling it will cost. Shooting lately has been just to run a few boxes through new acquisitions or to make sure recent mods did not cause any issues. On the flip side of this, I'm always amazed when I see a classified ad for an "unfired" gun. I personally have to shoot things.
    Most people dont even shoot their guns before they start carrying them. If yoire my friend and you do this, I WILL counsel you on it. It's bad bad bad chances you're taking with your valuable life.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Most people dont even shoot their guns before they start carrying them. If yoire my friend and you do this, I WILL counsel you on it. It's bad bad bad chances you're taking with your valuable life.

Yep, this kills me. At a minimum you run rounds through it to get used to it and verify it's reliable. Practicing with it is even better and training with it is the best. Really not that hard.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I must have had my G43 prices alittle high. No action except being offered a .40 cal glock. That's not the type of action trigger time wants :):

So I lowered it to $400. If those cheap bastards dont want it for that during this fakedemic then I'll just hang onto it I suppose.

That is an excellent price especially given the sights. I've sold off my 43's or I'd be picking it up from you to stack them deeper.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My oldest I got in 2017. :laugh: But then again I never shot a gun until 2017, so that tracks.

I too bought my first gun in 2017. Though I had been shooting here and there for 20 years. CameraMonkey used to take me out shooting here and there. Every time I would complain about his Austrian Tupperware. I shoot them fine, but just didn't like the feel of them. Finally he got annoyed with me in 2016, and said buy your own gun. So I did. I went with the expensive German Tupperware though. Then the Eastern European stuff.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I won't carry anything I haven't taken a pistol course with. Gotta know of it's good to run through the ringer.
    That's an even better policy honestly. But not everyone can get that done with each new pistol.
    I just watched a video of James Yeager (whom I consider a friend) say he hasn't seen any of the new shield mags for the 43x make it through one of his classes yet. I'm very tempted on taking that challenge with mine.
    I run 200 to 300 rounds through a new piece before carry. And 100 of those are carry ammo.
    Small potatoes to what some folks do but to each their own. Whatever it takes to make yourself know it's going to go bang. Thats what matters. No one else is gonna be there when the rubber hits the road.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Ed Zachary. I have to know where my strengths and weaknesses lie. I test gear fairly thoroughly, but at my own devices. Usually ends up being 400+ rounds before I make a decision.

Currently only 3 in rotation. One I hardly carry anymore (G22gen3) as I've added wml. Tough to conceal unless it's heavy jackets. More practical as my battle belt companion. G27 gen4 for 85+% of the time, especially summer. 1911 when I'm feeling all fancy Nancy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom