Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    or another attack.. The thought makes me sad.

I walked into a truckstop that morning to see the first plane hit the tower on the tv's for sale. Stood there long enough to watch the second one hit. Listened to the rest of it on the radio. Freight still had to go.

I still remember how clear the sky was without all the jet trails in it.

I was in the mechanical room at a school shutting down the A/C chillers for the winter. I went to the hallway when my phone was ringing for better reception. It was a life long friend. He was a manager at the tower in Indy for air traffic control. He was strangely business like when he asked what I was doing and did I know. I asked him "Know what". He said walk outside and look up. I was by the door so I did. He said "What do you see" and I said nothing. The sky is blue and clear.
    He asked if I saw any jet trails.......it hit me that no, the sky was completely clear. He broke down and told me what they had been doing for the last hour or more. Clearing the sky's. Completely clearing all air traffic to the ground.
    I went in and gathered my guys and we went for lunch as they had TV's where we usually ate when in that area. We stared at the TV's in awe at what was unfolding before our eyes.
    I bid them good day and started calling my family to get them home. We all just beat the stampede on the gas stations and money machines.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had been out of the Air Force for a number of years by the time 9/11 happened. I was working and as usual, checked the news at around 9am and saw that an airplane had hit one of the towers. At the time, they were still speculating on what kind of airplane. A bunch of us gathered near the elevators to watch on the news when a second plane appeared. I remember briefly thinking that New York has really got to re-route traffic away from the city if that is how close airliners get. Then it hit and I instantly knew that it was an attack. I still get shivers thinking about that second plane

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm afraid that would not come close to pulling us together as a nation. It would just be another excuse for "orange man bad/orange man's fault".
    Yeah we are too divided now. There is an element in this country that wants to tear it apart. Until their minds are changed or they are all gone, things will only get worse.

There is a lot of evidence suggesting the wild fires out west are being intentionally set by antifa. Wouldn't shock me at all.

Why we haven't sent the government in to squash that group is beyond me

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I really really need to re-address this whole retirement thing.....:n00b:

Did that after my first retirement, may do it again in a few years. I figure I'm still good at what I do and as long as people pay me for my skills, I'll keep working. I stay out of the gardener's hair that way.:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The possibility of getting this project had me re-assessing retirement.
    8 25+ year old crap junk furnaces all tied into a common supply and return. 25 tons of cooling attached to this mess.
    I can make it better.....:):

8g30sDO.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    TT I don't think your G43 is going to last very long. Also, do you still have those parts for the G19 that I got from you? Don't throw them out and I'll get them from you the next time we meet up. :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    TT I don't think your G43 is going to last very long. Also, do you still have those parts for the G19 that I got from you? Don't throw them out and I'll get them from you the next time we meet up. :)
    Yep I think I just ran across some of those yesterday actually.
    I will save them. I rarely throw anything away.

I didn't know if I priced the 43 appropriately or not. I have a 43x with shield 15 round mags and I have an aftermarket 43 slide with a red dot and threaded barrel. I figured I'll buy another 43x .for my ankle and I wont carry a 43 anymore.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see PVC pipe, but I'm thinking those are AC drains and not part of a high efficiency furnace. Never have see smaller furnaces daisy chained together like that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm guessing that the savings in gas with the installation of a updated unit would be substantial.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm guessing that the savings in gas with the installation of a updated unit would be substantial.

Yes. I will be using 6 larger staged units instead of 8 standard residential units. I have to fill the space under the supply duct and deliver the required BTU's. The room and its access limits what we can do. And yes those are the condensate drains. Everything will be new except the gas lines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom