• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They are. I paid over $1k for 4 new ones a couple weeks ago.

Yep, I dropped some serious money on 5 (4 + spare) for my son's truck back in May. They were not 22"'s but I wanted good tires for when he went back to school. I did take the Costco online price at the time (which Costco includes road hazard, etc and had some specials going on) over to Discount Tire and got them to match it, throw in their road hazard and all that.

Good tires are not cheap.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Well, you really didn't have much of a choice. There have been no security updates for 7 since the beginning of the year unless you were an enterprise with an extended security update agreement in place.

You can setup a firefox sync account and sync your bookmarks from other machines running firefox (if you also log into FF on that old machine with the sync account and then use that sync account on the new machine.) It's just a setting on FF and you really only "log in" to it once. Might be helpful if you have a bunch of bookmarks and other settings you like on FF to come over.

My server is still running 7. upgrading that is the next step. This was all planned for the first of the year....been one of those years.

Brought over all the bookmarks but "archived" them. Think I'll start over and clean them.

Computers are like attics - you just keep throwing crap in there.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Have you looked at the Bilstein's? I put the 5100 struts on the front of my FJ and used the notches to level it, and it gave it a completely different stance, and also put new 5100 shocks on the rear. Not a 3.5" lift, but gave it a nice leveled look rather than the forward rake stance.

Well, you really didn't have much of a choice. There have been no security updates for 7 since the beginning of the year unless you were an enterprise with an extended security update agreement in place.

You can setup a firefox sync account and sync your bookmarks from other machines running firefox (if you also log into FF on that old machine with the sync account and then use that sync account on the new machine.) It's just a setting on FF and you really only "log in" to it once. Might be helpful if you have a bunch of bookmarks and other settings you like on FF to come over.
    The first rabbit hole I went down was just a leveling kit. Decided that for lifespan I better get shocks & struts. Might as well do it all at once. A little ground clearance never hurt anyone....except morons with signs that block roadways.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Had abdominal pain for 2 days now. Don't know what it is but I have an idea. Started a new cholesterol med because the last one did this. I'm betting this one is no better. Ugh
    Sorry to hear this TT! Finding the right meds can be a big pain! I hope that you're able to find something that works for you.
    Morning all!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back to work the part time maint. position at the church. They are opening back up and have told the Mayor to basically suck it.
    The building has sat idle and the antique HVAC systems are not wanting to run. I have more work ahead of me.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My server is still running 7. upgrading that is the next step. This was all planned for the first of the year....been one of those years.

Brought over all the bookmarks but "archived" them. Think I'll start over and clean them.

Computers are like attics - you just keep throwing crap in there.
    You have a server running Win7? Do you have a physical firewall?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Back to work the part time maint. position at the church. They are opening back up and have told the Mayor to basically suck it.
    The building has sat idle and the antique HVAC systems are not wanting to run. I have more work ahead of me.
    At least the weather is turning for you. Could be worse.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The first rabbit hole I went down was just a leveling kit. Decided that for lifespan I better get shocks & struts. Might as well do it all at once. A little ground clearance never hurt anyone....except morons with signs that block roadways.

Was the initial leveling kit just a shim/block? The Bilstein's include the adjustability into the strut with the use of an adjustable ring that you set at the appropriate notch on the front strut itself (so you get new struts and adjustability). Kind of a hybrid setup. Not like doing a full true suspension lift, but better than just leveling blocks.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    RR, on my last truck, I put a 2” leveling kit under the front, but the first time I put a trailer on it, I ended up putting 2” under the back as well. Level works as long as don’t tow anything or load it up.

ujXCrTZ.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    It’s got what whatever my IT guy said I needed to get me through until I upgraded.

That was last year and, unfortunately, the young man was tragically killed by a drunk driver a couple months ago.

Don’t drink and drive.
    Sad indeed. I'm a big advocate for don't do ANYTHING and drive. Just drive. Cars, truck, forklifts, atv's, power wheels, pink tricycle, ostrich, etc.. Pay the **** attention. And don't do dumb ****.

Alot of responsibility is given to someone controlling such power and weight. I've done dumb things before. Very dumb things. I'm glad no one ever got hurt. Lucky doesn't begin to describe.

Sorry, rant over. No idea why that rang my bell. Back to IT problems I don't understand.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It’s got what whatever my IT guy said I needed to get me through until I upgraded.

That was last year and, unfortunately, the young man was tragically killed by a drunk driver a couple months ago.

Don’t drink and drive.
    Wow! Sorry to hear this!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    RR, on my last truck, I put a 2” leveling kit under the front, but the first time I put a trailer on it, I ended up putting 2” under the back as well. Level works as long as don’t tow anything or load it up.

ujXCrTZ.jpg

Pretty much the reason a truck is nose down when empty. With the load of fire wood we had on mine yesterday she was tail down. It is the way of these things.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Was the initial leveling kit just a shim/block? The Bilstein's include the adjustability into the strut with the use of an adjustable ring that you set at the appropriate notch on the front strut itself (so you get new struts and adjustability). Kind of a hybrid setup. Not like doing a full true suspension lift, but better than just leveling blocks.
    Ok I have not seen these. Research coming. Thanks Web. I'm not much of a gearhead. I do know that rough country will never see any of my dimes.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

ujXCrTZ.jpg
    So you need +4 up front that way when you are towing you are level. Just make sure you are always towing something :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sad indeed. I'm a big advocate for don't do ANYTHING and drive. Just drive. Cars, truck, forklifts, atv's, power wheels, pink tricycle, ostrich, etc.. Pay the **** attention. And don't do dumb ****.

Alot of responsibility is given to someone controlling such power and weight. I've done dumb things before. Very dumb things. I'm glad no one ever got hurt. Lucky doesn't begin to describe.

Sorry, rant over. No idea why that rang my bell. Back to IT problems I don't understand.

Very much agree. I had a friend lose his wife to a drunk driver just after she gave birth. POS already had several DUI's on his record.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You have a server running Win7? Do you have a physical firewall?

Yep, that could be a bit problematic. Somewhat surprised it's a server running win 7 (not that its not possible, just generally a server would be running a server OS, in this case 2008 is the corresponding server OS to win 7). That said, if you don't have it firewalled off and disconnected from the internet and/or have an agreement for it to get Extended Security Updates, that thing could well be compromised.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom