Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I bought my wife tacos. I win!

Tore into a friend's BCG this morning. He was having extractor issues. Some folks do NOT need to attempt gunsmithing on their own. I had to remove his firing pin retainer with a punch. I don't know how he got it wedged in there like that. Something very fishy was going in. The coating was coming off the extractor. Cheap aftermarket part probably.
    I've seen super dirty ones do that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have two GB projects coming in next week. Colt 1889 Navy revolver and a 1902 military Auto. Round hammer on the 1902 which was something I did not have, an early version before they went to spurs.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pics. We will want pics.

The 1889 Navy is the first swing out cylinder revolver, Colt made them for both branches of the service with the army getting nearly all. Some of the Navy's were salvaged from the Maine after it's destruction and one was cleaned up and given to Theodore Roosevelt. The early 1902 would be Colts second shot on selling the Army on a semi auto. They didn't like the 1900 and wanted some improvements like larger mag capacity, lanyard swivel for cavalry and a then unheard of gadget, the slide stop. It is the 1911's grandfather.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 1889 Navy is the first swing out cylinder revolver, Colt made them for both branches of the service with the army getting nearly all. Some of the Navy's were salvaged from the Maine after it's destruction and one was cleaned up and given to Theodore Roosevelt. The early 1902 would be Colts second shot on selling the Army on a semi auto. They didn't like the 1900 and wanted some improvements like larger mag capacity, lanyard swivel for cavalry and a then unheard of gadget, the slide stop. It is the 1911's grandfather.

I need to see that one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The 1902 and it's companion the Pocket Hammer were great examples of early semi autos. No manual safety other than half cock like a Winchester rifle. Back in the day gun manufacturers didn't figure anybody wanted a safety. They don't show up until Colt produces the Pocket Model and the 1911.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While an overly complex design, the Broomhandle did have a positive manual safety that worked well. That combined with a powerful cartridge, integral magazine fed from strippers, and a holster stock kept it selling long after the Colt 1902 was history. Giants in the firearms industry walked the earth during this period of history.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    While an overly complex design, the Broomhandle did have a positive manual safety that worked well. That combined with a powerful cartridge, integral magazine fed from strippers, and a holster stock kept it selling long after the Colt 1902 was history. Giants in the firearms industry walked the earth during this period of history.
    Your knowledge of all of this makes you a giant. I know I appreciate it, and soak it up.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We all learn from one another, I had no idea how good electronic sights were before trying out some of your guns.:)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We all learn from one another, I had no idea how good electronic sights were before trying out some of your guns.:)
    There is power in a community. We all have different knowledge and skills. I think Hillary said, “it takes a village to raise a good shooter.”

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hanging out in the neighbors garage bar. Thanks 'rona. The best thing that's happened because of the lock down is I started hanging out with the neighbors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom