Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Speaking of firearm related stuff ..... we do that now and then ! ...... I bought myself an early Anniversary gift (with the wife's approval, because she never knows what to get me).
    Saw these Bushnell Nitro scopes on a "one time offer" at Midway, and jumped on the 4-16X version (although the 6-24X is only $50 more).
    I don't have anything in this magnification range, and thought that it could be useful .... although I have no idea what it will be mounted upon at this time.

Understanding that these are budget scopes, even at normal prices ...... that's OK, as I don't think that my near-sighted, astigmatism, pre-glaucoma eyes really need anything fancier. I'm not a long range competition shooter, or a hunter on the lone prairie.

Anyway, here's the LINK: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102005477?pid=869893

Maybe someone else is interested. They get good reviews everywhere, and at 44% off, I had to jump !

EDIT: and you get Butler Creek lens caps, and a 2.5" sunshade in the package. That's gotta be about $40 worth of extras, in my estimation.
    That'd be sweet on a rimfire. I likes.
    I have my eye on something closely, but outright cash is a no-go. This scope would fit it famously.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That'd be sweet on a rimfire. I likes.
    I have my eye on something hard, but outright cash is a no-go. This scope would fit it famously.

Sometimes the wallet allows a man to be froggy, and sometimes it doesn't....... those are the facts, Jack ! ;)

After too long in my basement, poking around on the errant washing machine, and figuring I probably know what's wrong ...... it just wasn't worth spending the money for parts for a machine that my wife says is actually probably closer to 12-15 years old. The steel base was corroding badly, and the dryer (that I've repaired two times over the years) is the same age.
    So .... I bit the bullet and ordered a new set from Lowe's. Stuck with the Roper brand, as I don't figure that you can ask for better performance for the years that they gave us.

Also, ordered another 100 rounds of Hornady Black .308 ammo today. Who knows, if things keep on the way they've been, pretty soon, .308 might be as expensive as the 50 BMG that I've purchased in the past.

It was an expensive day !

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Sometimes the wallet allows a man to be froggy, and sometimes it doesn't....... those are the facts, Jack ! ;)

After too long in my basement, poking around on the errant washing machine, and figuring I probably know what's wrong ...... it just wasn't worth spending the money for parts for a machine that my wife says is actually probably closer to 12-15 years old. The steel base was corroding badly, and the dryer (that I've repaired about three times over the years) is the same age.
    So .... I bit the bullet and ordered a new set from Lowe's. Stuck with the Roper brand, as I don't figure that you can ask for better performance for the years that they gave us.

Also, ordered another 100 rounds of Hornady Black .308 ammo today. Who knows, if things keep on the way they've been, pretty soon, .308 might be as expensive as the 50 BMG that I've purchased in the past.

It was an expensive day !
    I pumped the brakes on my habits. #3's speech therapist ain't exactly pro-bono. I also pulled from some courses this summer/fall as I don't want to have to even attempt to replace ammo.

Sucks, but I'd rather not be worrying about it later.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I pumped the brakes on my habits. #3's speech therapist ain't exactly pro-bono. I also pulled from some courses this summer/fall as I don't want to have to even attempt to replace ammo.

Yup, smart, I'd say. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am trimming things down across the board. If I aint using it its gone mode.
    I do have more than half of an AR in parts on the bench begging to be built. It would be a pistol. I will "Slowly" gather parts and pieces for it. After that I figure I am good. There are really no desires/needs past what I have built over the last few years.

Having had to clean out the belongings of older loved ones after they have left this mortal plain I looked around and refuse to leave that mess for those who may follow. No fracking way I become a hoarder at those levels.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I am trimming things down across the board. If I aint using it its gone mode.
    I do have more than half of an AR in parts on the bench begging to be built. It would be a pistol. I will "Slowly" gather parts and pieces for it. After that I figure I am good. There are really no desires/needs past what I have built over the last few years.

Having had to clean out the belongings of older loved ones after they have left this mortal plain I looked around and refuse to leave that mess for those who may follow. No fracking way I become a hoarder at those levels.
    I smell you. My FIL passed early last year and there is still stuff in storage. He had to keep everything.

I'm low man on the totem here. I like it down here though. The turkeys are top priority.
    The weather may be kind(er) to your install today if it stays overcast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I smell you. My FIL passed early last year and there is still stuff in storage. He had to keep everything.

I'm low man on the totem here. I like it down here though. The turkeys are top priority.
    The weather may be kind(er) to your install today if it stays overcast.

The old unit is still running. I had to put a new capacitor in it. #2 and that struck the red flag it is dying.
    New unit is setting right next to it.
    Looks like a cool down in a day or 2. That will be my window. Unless it pitches over mid-day then I will be in a scramble.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The old unit is still running. I had to put a new capacitor in it. #2 and that struck the red flag it is dying.
    New unit is setting right next to it.
    Looks like a cool down in a day or 2. That will be my window. Unless it pitches over mid-day then I will be in a scramble.
    I have officially declared I ain't doing squat today besides school business. At least until I find my motivator. It fell off while I was asleep.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have officially declared I ain't doing squat today besides school business. At least until I find my motivator. It fell off while I was asleep.

We have been flat out lately. The heat has drained my vital essence. The mouse is tired.
    I have a few "Have to do's" that can be spread over the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom