Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Got in a short 2 mile ride yesterday morning and another 3 at dusk. Not too bad as long as I was moving...quick dash to the AC and a fan as soon as I stopped.

Pick up meds and groceries and do some banking today so just short parking lot dashes in the heat. Maybe a ride at dusk but my knees need a rest.

And yes 88, you're strange.:laugh:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning all. Been in the heat all morning. Wife home, we decided to purge the garden. Should be ready to burn by week's end. We're both over it.

Lunch with Mom at 1230, then off to the Command Center. Off Thursday & Friday!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Another day I'll spend mostly inside. Completely if possible. Will be using the elliptical instead of jogging, which I hate to do, but it beats heat exhaustion... ;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Looks like our washing machine gave up the ghost. I'll look at it this afternoon, but I don't have much hope for its repair. Ugh !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Looks like our washing machine gave up the ghost. I'll look at it this afternoon, but I don't have much hope for its repair. Ugh !

If you have to buy new ones, take pause with LG.

We have a set that is maybe 3 years old (?). The washer has this stupid little drain hole in the door seal that plugs up about once a month and has to be pulled apart.

The lint screen for the dryer warps about every 6-12 months and has to be replaced.

Maybe they have corrected these design issues but I would argue that our previous whirlpool set that we gave to our kids functioned much better.

YMMV TIFWIW IIRC TGIF

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    We are still getting food from ours.
    A bit of green tomatoes and some cherries. Cukes & zukes are done. We haven't yet got into a 2 rotation garden. This is our 4th season doing one. Before that is was a couple tomato plants in buckets. It will eventually get more complicated as we learn.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

We have a set that is maybe 3 years old (?). The washer has this stupid little drain hole in the door seal that plugs up about once a month and has to be pulled apart.

The lint screen for the dryer warps about every 6-12 months and has to be replaced.

Maybe they have corrected these design issues but I would argue that our previous whirlpool set that we gave to our kids functioned much better.

YMMV TIFWIW IIRC TGIF

Whirlpool is awesome. Had great luck with Samsung too

Thanks for the tips, guys.
    We've had this Roper brand set for about 10 years, so I can't complain about the longevity. I had to replace (2) parts over the years, and was able to do those repairs myself. This time, I fear that the washing machine won't be economical to repair.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The hardship was the drinking of the beer...
    I realized yesterday evening that I was out of beer. My wife seldom drinks it, so I'm trying to figure out who drank all of it. The kids can't reach it nor would they be able to open it... Ugh! This is unsolvable! I guess I'll just pick up some more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A bit of green tomatoes and some cherries. Cukes & zukes are done. We haven't yet got into a 2 rotation garden. This is our 4th season doing one. Before that is was a couple tomato plants in buckets. It will eventually get more complicated as we learn.

Single planting here as well. Still a few Cucs and a lot of onions and maters left to pic.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The only thing that our garden saw this year was mint. I recently moved the mint and dismantled the raised garden. We might have a garden some place else, but where we had it wasn't working. I hear location is important :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

YMMV TIFWIW IIRC TGIF

Personally, have stayed away from front load washing machine. We have gone with HE top loading since our first HE washer and have been generally happy with them (and of course top loading before HE). Had a few issues like any appliances, but not all the stupidity with the front loaders that seem to plague almost every brand/model. None of these manufacturers seems to really deal with the whole water against the door aspects very well it seems.

My other advice is not to necessarily feel like you have to go with a matched set. Personally, while staying same brand, I usually choose down model dryers as we don't use all those bells and whistles on a dryer. It usually dries or it doesn't. Washer we go middle of the road trim package or maybe just a step up from the low model, but not highest end.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I realized yesterday evening that I was out of beer. My wife seldom drinks it, so I'm trying to figure out who drank all of it. The kids can't reach it nor would they be able to open it... Ugh! This is unsolvable! I guess I'll just pick up some more.

I solved that problem by no longer drinking beer. I don't recommend this as a solution... :cheers:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom