RzkjI9X.jpg

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Hey CM, I had a chance to dial in the AR I got from you today. It is a real shooter, even better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I could keep them under 1 moa with the cheap bulk 55gr fmj from PSA. I was even having trouble keeping it steady on the bench. The pistol grip and bipod was giving me fits on my shooting bench. Modifications are in order.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM, I had a chance to dial in the AR I got from you today. It is a real shooter, even better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I could keep them under 1 moa with the cheap bulk 55gr fmj from PSA. I was even having trouble keeping it steady on the bench. The pistol grip and bipod was giving me fits on my shooting bench. Modifications are in order.

Yup. That one is a tack driver....:)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Would you recommend the Rugged Obsidian 9?

It's my first can above one for .22LR and I only have 10 rounds through it with no other experience to compare it to but those ten rounds left a smile on my face.

Seems to be very well made and will handle 300 BK subsonic (only) with an 8" barrel or longer and .350 Legend with a 16" barrel. My selection was strongly biased by what Silencer Shop had in stock at the time and the ability to be used on both 9mm and 300 Bk.

I think mcapo has a Ti-rant on the way that has a similar two part design that is 3 oz lighter in the full configuration. While the Obsidian 9 felt fine in full configuration, that 3 oz less of the Ti-rant is attractive although I don't think it is rated above 9mm.

The Ti-rant's front baffle section is aluminum while the Obsidian's are all SS (the tube is aluminum) so they might require a slightly different cleaning regimen.

Compare details closely of various cans and get the features most important to you.

If you want to try it out, come on down.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    What is the best ammo options? I was shooting 55gr fmj (frontier I think).

I don't know the barrel length or twist rate, but anything with a 69gr or 77gr Sierra Matchking (SMK) bullet are likely candidates for accuracy. Due to past pricing and performance I have stocked up on Australian Outback 69gr SMK and IMI 77gr SMK rounds.

Hand loading is the real winner for accuracy but I was too lazy in the recent past and now I can't find small rifle primers or Vihtavuori N140 powder at prices I would pay.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It's my first can above one for .22LR and I only have 10 rounds through it with no other experience to compare it to but those ten rounds left a smile on my face.

Seems to be very well made and will handle 300 BK subsonic (only) with an 8" barrel or longer and .350 Legend with a 16" barrel. My selection was strongly biased by what Silencer Shop had in stock at the time and the ability to be used on both 9mm and 300 Bk.

I think mcapo has a Ti-rant on the way that has a similar two part design that is 3 oz lighter in the full configuration. While the Obsidian 9 felt fine in full configuration, that 3 oz less of the Ti-rant is attractive although I don't think it is rated above 9mm.

The Ti-rant's front baffle section is aluminum while the Obsidian's are all SS (the tube is aluminum) so they might require a slightly different cleaning regimen.

Compare details closely of various cans and get the features most important to you.

If you want to try it out, come on down.

All accurate....my use of the ti-rant as a dedicated 9mm modular pistol can made the compromise in materials with a stainless blast baffle and aluminum baffles thereafter worth the trade off.

I would also offer to let Deacon try it out but I am 3 -12 months away from having it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom