The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The lower strength version is supposed to be effective on clothing for 6 weeks or 6 washings. It bonds to the cloth.

I treat woods clothing, shoes and gear 2-3 times a season and haven't found a tick on me in years.

It's effective against yellow jackets when they come after you. I've seen them light on my jeans to sting through then fly right off. That stuff has saved me many a sting over the years.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Following. If its safe for cats after dry I'll be buying some.
    I didn't treat the area down by the pond this year for bugs because i like the bats in the evening. Im not a bat expert but every evening there was HUGE bats flying over the water eating bugs. Much bigger than the little brown bats I grew up with in the country. Very awesome.
    I bought a propane fogging machine this fall to spray up by the back porch area so I can sit up by the house under my pergola.
    My wife hates to even sit outside!!! I can't believe it. Complete city girl. So rediculous

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I truly do miss chlordane though for treating around the house exterior..

In the past I had a friend that owned a pest control company. He supplied us with the real deal blends for about anything. He was killed in a motorcycle accident some years back sadly. Drunk chick. No license and 4 prior DUI's.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    OK this will be on my list. Any specific place to buy it...???

I get it cheapest from the internet, usually in gallon plastic containers. I'll see if I can find it for you. We used to get it at the local TSC, but they quit carrying it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    You can buy Permethrin at any farm supply type place and dilute it to whatever concentration you want. It is used on livestock. If you want to use it on clothing and gear, stick with known versions that have little odor. Some of it has a petroleum smell to it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    WE have no pets due to the girls being allergic to pet dander etc. The Ferrell cats that come through here I could give a :poop: as they cause more issues than they are worth to us.
    We always shot ferrel cats in the country. They'd kill chickens and anything else they could get. They weren't cute cuddly kittens. These were basically wild bobcats
    I had 1 cat. He was wild but i found him as a kitten and he bonded to me. He stayed inside and outside. He would usually sleep with me at night. That cat was a badass. I have a cat now that reminds me of him. He's a bad ass too. I got video the other day of him whooping another stray cats ass in my driveway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We always shot ferrel cats in the country. They'd kill chickens and anything else they could get. They weren't cute cuddly kittens. These were basically wild bobcats
    I had 1 cat. He was wild but i found him as a kitten and he bonded to me. He stayed inside and outside. He would usually sleep with me at night. That cat was a badass. I have a cat now that reminds me of him. He's a bad ass too. I got video the other day of him whooping another stray cats ass in my driveway.

I have had a couple of cats like that. I was the only one they allowed even close to them and if they came in at night they would be next to or on my bed at the bottom.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Yeah i wont treat that area anyways. I want the fish to have the bugs as food and the bats too.

Although I know I have read that the versions made to treat clothing are safe for cats after it is dry, after a little more reading on the net, I would be hesitant to use it on any thing cats might chew on...like grass in the yard etc. I only did some quick checking so do your research.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have had a couple of cats like that. I was the only one they allowed even close to them and if they came in at night they would be next to or on my bed at the bottom.
    Im a cat person. I mean i love all animals but cats just seem to fit my personality best. Sometimes they like to be left alone and so do i. Plus now I know im allergic to dogs
    Its not bad to where I cant pet one or something but just can't live with one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Although I know I have read that the versions made to treat clothing are safe for cats after it is dry, after a little more reading on the net, I would be hesitant to use it on any thing cats might chew on...like grass in the yard etc. I only did some quick checking so do your research.
    Thank you sir. I appreciate it. It would kill me to know I hurt one of my cats or even one of my neighbors cats

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Im a cat person. I mean i love all animals but cats just seem to fit my personality best. Sometimes they like to be left alone and so do i. Plus now I know im allergic to dogs
    Its not bad to where I cant pet one or something but just can't live with one.

Karma just became a teenager today. Her pet dander allergy's were terribly sever. But as she grows they have lightened up but she still has them. The terrorists are not as bad but if they spend time in a house with cats/dogs they have reactions. I would love to have a German Shepard to grow up with the girls. That to me would be perfect but I can not.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARMA!!!!

giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom