The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll pick up wolf spiders in the wood pile and toss them back in the woods, she thinks I crazy but I've never been bitten by one. Yellow jacket nests in the fall scare me more than anything around here, it's like stepping on a land mine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bugs and snakes would be a problem with the gardener living in Florida. We saw one of my great nephews over the holidays who lives in Australia, that place seems like it's infested with bad bugs and two step snakes.

True. I would not be nearly as brave about wading up into serious weeds, and cover as I am when fishing here in Indiana. As a kid, I would not get I to nearly as deep of cover due to snakes and gators as I walk into here.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I tend to leave spiders alone if they stay off the beaten paths around here. If they venture indoors it is on. Since we have been getting our fire wood directly from the woods and stacking it in the woodshop (Walled in carport attached to the house) we are seeing some seriously badass spiders. Seems we are importing them.
    I usually give all bugs a chance. If I can get them into a cup, I'll put them outside. No promises that I won't be screaming the entire time though!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Yup, I'll take a cooler house. Wife likes it warm, yet she's the one that roasts me out of bed. I don't know about Alaska, but can it just stay like 60-70 degrees outside all year long, with low humidity?

If you want 60 -70 degrees all year round then you have to go to San Diego. I wouldn't move back there if you paid me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I usually give all bugs a chance. If I can get them into a cup, I'll put them outside. No promises that I won't be screaming the entire time though!

The terrorists and CKW have no us for spiders of any kind. We find them in the playhouse swing set on occasion and I have to end them. I have no issues doing this as some of these things could put a serious hurt on a 6 year old. In the house they die. Period.
    In the yard or the wild I leave them be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you want 60 -70 degrees all year round then you have to go to San Diego. I wouldn't move back there if you paid me.

One of the scheduled IMSA races was in SD and we were out there 4 years straight. Nice weather. Good food. People are odd at best. No way I would live there either.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The terrorists and CKW have no us for spiders of any kind. We find them in the playhouse swing set on occasion and I have to end them. I have no issues doing this as some of these things could put a serious hurt on a 6 year old. In the house they die. Period.
    In the yard or the wild I leave them be.

Get some Bonide Carpenter Ant and Termite killer and spray around your house and yard. Not as persistent or lethal as Chlordane, but it works well. I use it to control Asian ladybugs. We also spray it on our clothes in the summer as a tick repellent.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Get some Bonide Carpenter Ant and Termite killer and spray around your house and yard. Not as persistent or lethal as Chlordane, but it works well. I use it to control Asian ladybugs. We also spray it on our clothes in the summer as a tick repellent.

Dayum...at 13.3% Permethrin that should do the trick. The stuff they sell specifically to treat clothes is only 0.5% Permethrin.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's a plus. We have a lot of places bugs like to be. 2 decks out back and a garden.

Once a year or so and you should be good to go. Sunlight erodes the effectiveness of the chemical over time and it is highly toxic to cats for some reason, but not dogs or other pets.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Once a year or so and you should be good to go. Sunlight erodes the effectiveness of the chemical over time and it is highly toxic to cats for some reason, but not dogs or other pets.

WE have no pets due to the girls being allergic to pet dander etc. The Ferrell cats that come through here I could give a :poop: as they cause more issues than they are worth to us.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    WE have no pets due to the girls being allergic to pet dander etc. The Ferrell cats that come through here I could give a :poop: as they cause more issues than they are worth to us.

No cats here either. We also pour it around the foundation of the house, keeps bugs out of the home.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Been using it for years, we keep a spray bottle next to the back door.

The lower strength version is supposed to be effective on clothing for 6 weeks or 6 washings. It bonds to the cloth.

I treat woods clothing, shoes and gear 2-3 times a season and haven't found a tick on me in years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom