Not open for further replies.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    My favorites for the P07 and P10 platforms are the Night Fision sights. They are an HD style sight. Those sights really pop for me and I normally have issues in seeing anything.

Yeah my eye sight has never been great. So these are also bright in daylight and a night sight ? Best of both worlds.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to spend this winter getting projects finished. The 40P/75B hybrid project needs finished and I want to reconfigure the obnoxious short 5.56 pistol to replace the front rail with something lighter, like the old XM177 style handguard.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I still have a box-o-gun sitting on the kitchen table. I need to get Cajun parts for it so I can once again have an alloy carry gun. I'm hoping to get it running by next spring.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yeah my eye sight has never been great. So these are also bright in daylight and a night sight ? Best of both worlds.

They are. Night Fision runs a bunch of sales and can often be picked up for 15% or more off. I might pick up another set for the spare .40 P07 because the sights on it right now suck by comparison. I should get a set for the 9mm P07 too as the sight suckage is bad there as well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very true. To me, G**** triggers don't suck. They are what they are, a little spongy. If I was forced to use a G**** on a daily basis I could adapt and be content. I would have much more trouble with a hammer fired Sig or Beretta, etc. Even the Smith strikers are usable.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to find a megaphone or something to make my guns louder. If I’m wearing hearing protection, I want my gun to sound like a howitzer going off.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Mr Wizard.

There’s not as much gain to be had in tuning a striker fired gun. You can go from mediocre to less mediocre but I don’t think that you’ll ever find a striker fired gun that would compare to an SAO CZ or 1911.

The hammer fired CZ trigger out of the box can be atrocious but with skill and parts become amazing. There just is not that much satisfaction in a striker gun to be had as there is in a hammer fired gun.

That said, I still tend to prefer striker vs hammer for EDC with the exception of the P07. Those seem to have the best traits of a poly striker gun but with a hammer.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I need to find a megaphone or something to make my guns louder. If I’m wearing hearing protection, I want my gun to sound like a howitzer going off.

Load your ammo with ball powder like WW296. Good flame thrower as well. WW 748 for .223.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom