88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Good news WT! Good luck on the visit to the county building.

I was supposed to be off for the rest of the week starting today but some team screwed the pooch on a project that has board level visibility and decided to request a security review 1 month before implementation. So, no vacation this week.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I was supposed to be off for the rest of the week starting today but some team screwed the pooch on a project that has board level visibility and decided to request a security review 1 month before implementation. So, no vacation this week.

I would be pi$$ed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to look at my 9mm 1911. If it has a ramped barrel, I think I’ll order that 38 Super barrel that T-Dogg posted last night. Why? Because I found a 38 Super case when I was sorting brass once and saved it. So, now I need a 38 Super to possibly reload that one case for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to look at my 9mm 1911. If it has a ramped barrel, I think I’ll order that 38 Super barrel that T-Dogg posted last night. Why? Because I found a 38 Super case when I was sorting brass once and saved it. So, now I need a 38 Super to possibly reload that one case for.

That round is really underrated and ignored.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

That round is really underrated and ignored.

I bought one when T-dogg posted it. 38 Super is an awesome round and I don't shoot my 9mm 1911 out of fear CM will find out...

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

That, is, probably the most sane thing I've heard. I should look through my brass bucket tonight..

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gosh, I am sorry to hear this WTB. Tough day all around, but as already stated, this'll be the start of the new. Treasure that....

Thank you sir. Trying to look at the positive.

Thanks and sorry to hear bout the project 88!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought one when T-dogg posted it. 38 Super is an awesome round and I don't shoot my 9mm 1911 out of fear CM will find out...

:coo:

I shot 88's at one of our Friday morning range sessions. Or was it at one of the GE's.......:dunno"

No knock on the gun or the round but it just des not stir up my soul.

I bought CKW one of AllenM's full custom 9mm 1911's. It was a stellar shooter. But neither of us could get excited over it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    :coo:

I shot 88's at one of our Friday morning range sessions. Or was it at one of the GE's.......:dunno"

No knock on the gun or the round but it just des not stir up my soul.

I bought CKW one of AllenM's full custom 9mm 1911's. It was a stellar shooter. But neither of us could get excited over it.

Anything that gets someone shooting a 1911 is a good thing but the exciting thing about a 38 super conversion is you can load it pretty hot (1300 fps??) with a relatively accurate pistol round.

These cheap barrel have come around before and I always wished I had bought one. With a handful of mags, the conversion should cost less than $100 - unless the barrel needs more than simple fitment; then you'll be getting a call. :-)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Enjoy your work today everyone...once it warms up into a beautiful fall day, I'm headed to the range in Brown County to do some shooting. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.:stickpoke:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anything that gets someone shooting a 1911 is a good thing but the exciting thing about a 38 super conversion is you can load it pretty hot (1300 fps??) with a relatively accurate pistol round.

These cheap barrel have come around before and I always wished I had bought one. With a handful of mags, the conversion should cost less than $100 - unless the barrel needs more than simple fitment; then you'll be getting a call. :-)

I’ll have to double check, but I don’t think that the Colt O1992 9mm uses a ramped barrel. That’s a dang shame if not. The .38 Super barrel would have made that gun fun.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have parts coming in for the 1956 SAA and the 1878, hope to get both working by the weekend. Reshaping leaf springs is always easier when I'm casting bullets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom