Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And don't forget your time. I'm still pulling for the french press and a hand grinder. Press will last forever and the grinder almost as long. How many mornings are you willing to wake up to inferior coffee? What's the cost of that, hmmmm?:);):rockwoot:

I am not a coffee connoisseur but my son goes through phases and I have to agree that a perfectly, ground, pressed and heated cup of coffee from a French press is markedly better.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bottled water can add up. There's also the cost of idle storage, cleaning, and depreciation. If we work at it, we can get it up to $5 a cup.

Bottled water? Never used it in the Keurig.
    Storage? It sits on a table next to the microwave. Only opportunity cost is the espresso/latte machine, which has a larger cost of storage based on previous use.
    Cleaning? Never did it. Expected this one to die 3 months ago based on previous experiences.
    Depreciation is already factored in, 10 cents a day for 54 months.

I can guarantee given how I treat these machines, $2 a cup would take serious work.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am not a coffee connoisseur but my son goes through phases and I have to agree that a perfectly, ground, pressed and heated cup of coffee from a French press is markedly better.

It makes very good coffee.

I just know myself better than to pretend I’ll ever get up in the morning and do that. I’d just skip the coffee.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Bottled water? Never used it in the Keurig.
    Storage? It sits on a table next to the microwave. Only opportunity cost is the espresso/latte machine, which has a larger cost of storage based on previous use.
    Cleaning? Never did it. Expected this one to die 3 months ago based on previous experiences.
    Depreciation is already factored in, 10 cents a day for 54 months.

I can guarantee given how I treat these machines, $2 a cup would take serious work.

When ours died, I replaced it with a Keurig K145 OfficePro and have been happy with it. It’s a bit more spartan but is build better with stronger pumps. It can be a bit noisier but it has run without hiccup for over a year now and the one we have at work is north of 2 years old I believe. That one sees pretty heavy use too.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When ours died, I replaced it with a Keurig K145 OfficePro and have been happy with it. It’s a bit more spartan but is build better with stronger pumps. It can be a bit noisier but it has run without hiccup for over a year now and the one we have at work is north of 2 years old I believe. That one sees pretty heavy use too.

Hmmm...I looked at one of the office pro models as well. I’ll look at them again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To get us back on track, I’ve found that my Phantom is a perfect fit for my P07/P09/P10 holster. The holster is a Kramer P07 holster that I requested be left open ended and it now does multi duty that way. The P10C actually fits better than the P07 does since the muzzle of the P07 comes up about a quarter inch short of the nose of the holster and the P10C is a perfect flush fit. The Phantom sticks out about a half inch but that does not interfere with the draw stroke at all.

I’ve begun carrying the Phantom a bit and like how it carries. I’m using the 17 round mags that came with the SP01 in .40 which are a flush fit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom