Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can’t do normal coffee machines. I’d just end up dumping most of it. The Keurig is delightfully convenient for making a travel mug worth of coffee in the morning.
    When my Keurig died I was seriously debating whether I wanted another one. Then my daughter relieved me of that decision by buying one and having it shipped here. Decision made. :yesway:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When my Keurig died I was seriously debating whether I wanted another one. Then my daughter relieved me of that decision by buying one and having it shipped here. Decision made. :yesway:

I’m currently debating between the currently equivalent to the one I had or the new one that is set up to also do the fancy cappuccinos and lattes. I haven’t made espresso based coffee in the current house because I just don’t have a place to be able to set the second machine up to do it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I’m currently debating between the currently equivalent to the one I had or the new one that is set up to also do the fancy cappuccinos and lattes. I haven’t made espresso based coffee in the current house because I just don’t have a place to be able to set the second machine up to do it.
    Go for it. Might as well have what you want. In a year you will have forgotten what you paid for it anyway.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Keurig is needed to provide the go-power for cleaning guns. Still, after the third gun, I lose ambition until the next day.

As soon as the goodies I ordered over the holiday arrive.......I'm off to the cabin. Summer passes all too quickly.
    But hopefully soon, a new rifle, a case of 50 BMG, and a large P.A. speaker should arrive on the porch.
    I love getting new boxes of stuff !

And good morning to all ! :wavey:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Go for it. Might as well have what you want. In a year you will have forgotten what you paid for it anyway.

I’ve worked it out cost wise. For the lifespan I’ve typically gotten, having a Keurig works out to roughly $3/month for the machine. Or about .10 a day. The current coffee choice is about .93/pod. Between Alexis and I, we get about 22oz of coffee from a pod. Given that we typically just make coffee in the morning, we are paying about $1.03 for 22oz of coffee.

I’ve thought about this way too much. Woo hoo for being an accountant. Lol

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’ve worked it out cost wise. For the lifespan I’ve typically gotten, having a Keurig works out to roughly $3/month for the machine. Or about .10 a day. The current coffee choice is about .93/pod. Between Alexis and I, we get about 22oz of coffee from a pod. Given that we typically just make coffee in the morning, we are paying about $1.03 for 22oz of coffee.

I’ve thought about this way too much. Woo hoo for being an accountant. Lol

Amateur hour.

You have forgotten to calculate water and electrical costs.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Keurig is needed to provide the go-power for cleaning guns. Still, after the third gun, I lose ambition until the next day.

As soon as the goodies I ordered over the holiday arrive.......I'm off to the cabin. Summer passes all too quickly.
    But hopefully soon, a new rifle, a case of 50 BMG, and a large P.A. speaker should arrive on the porch.
    I love getting new boxes of stuff !

And good morning to all ! :wavey:

Got a few things delivered Friday/Saturday, waiting on the SBA3 brace to ship and show up now.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Amateur hour.

You have forgotten to calculate water and electrical costs.

And don't forget your time. I'm still pulling for the french press and a hand grinder. Press will last forever and the grinder almost as long. How many mornings are you willing to wake up to inferior coffee? What's the cost of that, hmmmm?:);):rockwoot:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    And don't forget your time. I'm still pulling for the french press and a hand grinder. Press will last forever and the grinder almost as long. How many mornings are you willing to wake up to inferior coffee? What's the cost of that, hmmmm?:);):rockwoot:

The cost of a press and grinder is time, sleep and Alexis won’t drink it. That cost is much higher, I’ll take the Keurig.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom