Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Good deal. If :coffee: is all it takes to guilt you into fixing a pistol, I can't imagine what kinda work your wife gets outta you with a case of Coors lite.
    New magazine latch, spring and grips are ordered.
    The mag latch spring appeared to be the main issue along with the mismatched grips. It allows the mag to drop free with out pushing the release. Tweaking the spring and tightening the grip cured the issue, but it will have all new parts by the end of the week.

Your :stickpoke: worked. Thank you. It was only on my list for about 5 years. :D

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You wouldn't be too deep into it to do a basic upgrade with the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit (around $50 with shipping). Makes a big difference over stock, and you'll like the trigger better. To be fair, it needs to be Wizardized to make the trigger more 1911-esque, but the Ultra-Lite kit is a step in that direction.

Mine (matte stainless version) has been completely lobotomized by The Wizard. Love it, and the only reason I'd ever consider turning it loose would be to buy H-45's DW Valor Commander. :stickpoke:

I added the FO front sight and Lok frag grips. This is a runner, never ever a malfunction of ANY kind. The wood grips below are now on mcapo's "shiny" 75B.

54mgta0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    That is HOT!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Good morning ya'll, got to sleep in. And now I'm prepping to head out to the rang to sight my f1 and my fiancee's 11.5in pistol. I might take the cz for a spin but my back is still recovering. So we'll see how it fares.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    New magazine latch, spring and grips are ordered.
    The mag latch spring appeared to be the main issue along with the mismatched grips. It allows the mag to drop free with out pushing the release. Tweaking the spring and tightening the grip cured the issue, but it will have all new parts by the end of the week.

Your :stickpoke: worked. Thank you. It was only on my list for about 5 years. :D

Made a set of smooth grips for the one I had.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    You wouldn't be too deep into it to do a basic upgrade with the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit (around $50 with shipping). Makes a big difference over stock, and you'll like the trigger better. To be fair, it needs to be Wizardized to make the trigger more 1911-esque, but the Ultra-Lite kit is a step in that direction.

Mine (matte stainless version) has been completely lobotomized by The Wizard. Love it, and the only reason I'd ever consider turning it loose would be to buy H-45's DW Valor Commander. :stickpoke:

I added the FO front sight and Lok frag grips. This is a runner, never ever a malfunction of ANY kind. The wood grips below are now on mcapo's "shiny" 75B.

54mgta0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

There is shiny on the bottom with your old grips and full wizard SAO. That is one slippery gun to hold onto but dang is that trigger awesome! Wizard does incredible work!!!!!!

0d4cbb84095cda718e687e0b00ec010c.jpg

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I might have to do that to Henri’s Shiny 75b but with different grips. It’s bone stock but we have run about 750 rounds thru....

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Just got back to the old place from the new one to get it ready for an open house this afternoon. Which I don't think will happen. The Outback isn't exactly a tank, but at times I felt like I was driving a pop can the way the wind was moving me around. Good idea to bail out of any outside activities that can wait until tomorrow. It's a popcorn/John Wayne movie kind of day.

I just watched a cool Espionage movie called "THE DEBT"...on Amazon Prime

The redhead from Zero Dark Thirty was a major player along with the older actress from RED Helen Mirren.

A terrific movie. I mean...terrific.!!!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That is HOT!
    Thanks! I just dressed it up. The Wizard gets credit for making it scream under the hood for sure. I actually don't have a lot of rounds through the matte stainless... it's become one of those "almost too pretty to shoot" guns. ALMOST.

There is shiny on the bottom with your old grips and full wizard SAO. That is one slippery gun to hold onto but dang is that trigger awesome! Wizard does incredible work!!!!!!
    As much as I liked the wood grips on mine, I think they look 10x better on yours. Something about the deep rich cocobolo color of the grips against that polished stainless really sets off the whole visual package.

CM - picking up a bottle of Permatex from O'Reilly around 1pm, and spending some bench time this afternoon giving at least a couple pieces some assembly lube lovin'.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    CM - picking up a bottle of Permatex from O'Reilly around 1pm, and spending some bench time this afternoon giving at least a couple pieces some assembly lube lovin'.

Anybody know if this stuff would have any ill effect on polymer? Would be interested in using some on some of my pieces, but wouldn't want to find out that it interacted poorly with polymer if it got onto other areas of the frame.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Anybody know if this stuff would have any ill effect on polymer? Would be interested in using some on some of my pieces, but wouldn't want to find out that it interacted poorly with polymer if it got onto other areas of the frame.
    No idea, but good question. I don't plan to use it on anything polymer, only the CZ and 1911 pistols. Seems like it might be overkill for polymers, that something like Slip or Lucas synthetic would be more than enough?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No idea, but good question. I don't plan to use it on anything polymer, only the CZ and 1911 pistols. Seems like it might be overkill for polymers, that something like Slip or Lucas synthetic would be more than enough?

Yep, but there is obviously slide metal to metal rail insert contact. Just thinking since it's cheap and would last a really long time, would be good to use there as well, depending on any potential issues with polymer contact.

Anybody see anything from reading this that would be concerning in regards to contact with polymers, etc ? https://media.napaonline.com/is/content/GenuinePartsCompany/1334874pdf?$PDF$

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine that gun plastic is going to be pretty chemical resistant. Short of things like methylene chloride or light ketones (acetone & MEK) you should be good to go. Some polycarbonate blends will be weakened by aromatic solvents like Toluene and Xylene.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom